Review Godox v1

steve_lyt

Bottoms Up!
Name
steve lythgoe
Edit My Images
Yes
Just got 2 of these, my initial impression is they are quality built and feel solid.maybe an option for AA batteries would be nice, it may be an option already.
the battery compartment does not have a door , so there’s noting to break as has happened on some flashguns. The menu system is quite good, and also the range of other godox products it’s compatible with. the recharge time is excellent and also the illumination

Last edited:
I know that I was just saying it would be useful, this is not a bad point but it would be nice if you could in an emergency.
I can only say that the flash recharge time i excellent. I have only just got them, so I will find out more when I use them.
I have never had a godox product before, so I can’t compare the v1 to another godox product

Last edited:
I'd be interested to know how does the recharge time change as the battery depletes? On the AA powered ones alkaline batteries last longer but recharge slower, using envelops they recharge faster but that rate drops off (markedly so once you get beyond 100-120 discharges)

Rare that I do discharge >100 in a session but sometimes you forget to change the batteries in the gun and that bag of AAs is a lifesaver. I guess the nearest you can get with the lithium rechargeable is to carry a power bank?

I did a spash art session using thes flashguns for 5 hours, and still 100% battery power. i was using from 1/32 power to full power, that was amazing.
i got 2 spare batteries, they should last most shoots

Last edited:
Back