Godox V860II wireless trigger

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
Yes
Morning fellow snappers
I need a way to trigger my Godox V860II from my Nikon D850.
Can anyone recommend a good Godox wireless transmitter that supports HSS? So many options to consider.

Thanks

I think I need the X1T-N, it was the model numbers stumping me, of course X1R is a receiver and X1T is the transmitter....

Morning fellow snappers
I need a way to trigger my Godox V860II from my Nikon D850.
Can anyone recommend a good Godox wireless transmitter that supports HSS? So many options to consider.

Thanks

So many options?

There are 4 really.

You either buy the Xpro-N, XT2-N, XT1-N, or there was also another more advanced version of the Xpro -N but I can't remember the details on that and from memory it was sold under a different brand name.

Each trigger has a few differences.

They are also sold under different brand names like Neewer, Flash Point etc. that do their own branded version of the Xpro-N and XT1-N but they are the exact same thing with a different badge.

You don't need a receiver as the V860II has one built in.

For just one flash it's unlikely you will need the extra spec of the other triggers so the basic XT1-N should probably be fine.

Last edited:
Maybe I needed to reword my OP, so many different model numbers, yet now I figured out there is one for each receiver and transmitter and also different ones for each male of camera (hotshoe).

Thanks for confirming what I thought (y)

Favourite is probably the XPro over the X2T. I'd avoid the X1T as it's too fiddly (though fully featured).

Another option is the Flashpoint R2 Pro2 mentioned above which is pick of the bunch (I have one) but exclusive to Adorama in the US and the price doubles after you've paid shipping and VAT etc. There's also the XT32 that is still around and may be found cheaper. That's a really nice trigger IMHO but manual-only (no TTL) and only available for Canon or Nikon cameras.

Have gone for the X1T-N for now as its half the price ofo the pro, just to see how I get on.
It doesn't look too bad to use and could add the Pro on at a later date if need be....
First time using off camera flash so want to do a bit of experimenting, have never even owned an umbrella before either...

Back