Going Loopy in the Loop!

Edit My Images
Yes
The trek up to Cad West today was an adventure in itself. Normally it takes me around 25 minutes to get near the top, today however it took an hour and 20 minutes! The track had totally disappeared under between 6 and 8 inches of snow so I had no option but to go cross country.
I pitched up on level ground just below the top of the ridge and couldn't believe the bitterly cold wind rushing past. Anyway stuck it out for just under 4 hours and called it a day once the snow started falling and the area was clagging up with mist.
Considering the weather had a couple of T2 passes followed by a Tonka and few Hawk passes to round the day off.
I was a bit surprised not to have seen a couple of blokes in white coats waiting for me in the carpark. Maybe it was too cold for them too!

Tim

_MG_0019-11wtmk.jpg

_MG_0014-11wtmk.jpg

_MG_0028-11wtmk.jpg

_MG_0030-11wtmk.jpg

_MG_0032-11wtmk.jpg

_MG_0041-11wtmk.jpg

love that first shot of the Tonka, the snowy hillsides really add something to the shot

Brave man Tim,........ bet it was freezing up there today,.... I went yesterday, saw the depth of snow, checked out the Bwlch, even more snow there,........... so went home lol!!!!!!!!

The loop is due another 6 inches or so of snow tonight!!!!!!

Great set of pics, good on you got sticking it out (y)

Where is this loop, I see all these fantastic shots and want ot give it a try :)

Are the planes up everyday or are there certain days that are better than others...

thank you, might be a bit of a trek for a one day trip from mine unforunately, but, a couple of weeks coming up in April so will put it on my route and defo give it a visit :)

Doubt I'll catch a single good shot with my know how (or lack off) but would still be worth a shot and looks like some stunning scenery :)

Stunning set! Well done for staying up there. Did you take a pop up? I've been up there in a blizzard in a bivvie and it it was cold!
You got some really nice light on those shots. Number two shows the T2 great!

Kev.

It was definitely worth the effort - the shots are really very good.
I like Hawk shots - I wonder whether that was Cheesy giving you a wave?

Cheers

Mark

Nope, I'm on a weeks leave! That narrows the list of suspects to 5 pilots!

Cheesy

I hate to say it, but the GR4 shots are stunning! The panning on the TMk1 in 19 Sqn markings is very nice too, shame its probably a 208 Sqn jet!

See you next week,

Cheesy

Wow, that looks cold. Well done for making the effort.

You've got yourself some good images but I think photobucket isn't doing you any favours. I can see a lot of compression in the images and checking the sizes they are 25 to 35KB!

Try rehosting them on something like flickr.

I agree the snowy backdrop adds another dimension to the pics and it makes them look like that they maybe flying over another country ie Canada or about to bomb `Russia`.Ha Ha sorry about that.(y)

Back