going round in circles :(

Edit My Images
Yes
Hey all I'm going round and rounds in circles working out what if any lens I should be getting next month :bonk:
Its for a minolta 5d (note NOT a canon 5d I ain't that rich/lucky :shake: )

Currently I only have two lenses a 50mm sigma and a 75 - 200 sigma
obviously I want something wider now
the list of suspects with best prices I can find are

1)minolta AF 17-35mm f/2.8-4 D £149 (warehouse express)
2)Sigma Lens 17-70 f2.8-4.5 DC Macro £229 (bristol cams)
3)Sigma Lens 18-200mm f3.5-6.3 DC £225 (brisol cams)
4)Try and keep my wallet in my pocket until sony anounce their new line up this summer (to be called the alpha mount system)
5)Any sugestions from third party mans you guys have as genuine KM lenses are pretty rare at the mo

My current thoughts are to disregard the 18-200 (and the tamron equiv) as I've read nothing but bad about the quality as you'd expect from such a large zoom range. the 17-70 would be a nice walk about range but is it £80 nicer than 17-35? Oh and the sigma 18-50 isn't on the list as the KM mounted version has AF issues apparently

Gemok said:
My current thoughts are to disregard the 18-200 (and the tamron equiv) as I've read nothing but bad about the quality as you'd expect from such a large zoom range.
I'm intrigued as to why you would expect bad quality about 18-200. I have the Tamron 18-200 and, if used correctly, is an excellent all-purpose, walkabout lens. True it's a bit soft over 180 but the 18 is super for wide-angle.

However, back on topic, I can't comment on quality but I would have thought the 17-70 would just about cover the range and 2.8 isn't to be sneezed at.

regards

I use my Tamron 28-75 2.8 more than any other lens I have. If there is any complaint it would be that it does not go wide enough. 17-70 and f2.8 sounds pretty attractive to me too.

Back