Golden Carbuncle

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
Down at the Bristol Harbourside yesterday and noticed what can only be describes as a 'Golden Carbuncle', which has sprouted up alongside the M-Shed.
A wonderful companion for the replica of the 'Matthew', the historic old dockside cranes and dockside railway ... just hope it isn't something that will be selling deep fried golden nuggets to add to the already surging demand on the waste-bins in the area!

Golden Dome.jpg

Reactions: Sky
Do people actually use the waste bins in Bristol?
Seems like they are well educated.:)

Most places where I’ve lived had waste bins located at regular outposts to add ‘decor’…… or at least that’s how it appeared given the empty food and drink packaging distributed freely everywhere else.

It’s no better out here, not even in the outlying villages :(

That's a weird looking thing isn't it. I think you're probably right - it'll be for 'selling' something.

Regards litter - I got a thick ear from our local beat copper when I was about seven or eight for dropping a sweet wrapper and he told my mum, so I got a second. I've never dropped litter since.

I was visiting Blenheim Palace and a foreign gentlemen threw a used coke tin away, just on the grass.

I picked it up and gave it back to him, very loudly explained that rubbish goes in the rubbish bin.

Did he want to follow it?

What actually is it?
An experience of what it's like to live on Mars apparently ... I asked if I could have a look inside and was told "NO!" :oops: :$

What an eyesore! :facepalm:

The only way that got there was by way of a 'backhander' in the joint pockets of the local council. :thinking:

An experience of what it's like to live on Mars apparently ...
Well that seems like rather an important addition to the harbour ..
NOT!

Looking at it, it seems to be an inflatable tent on top of a van so will take 1/2 hour to dismantle and remove, if that.

Back