Golden Headed Lion Tamarin

Name
Fi
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

I've been a bit absent from the forum recently and I havn't really been out with the camera much myself either. Time to get back into it methinks...

This one was taken back in October - seems an age ago now. C&C welcome - I was using flash as it was pretty dark inside the walkthrough enclosure. I'm never sure about the shiny effect that flash gives the fur - or is this something I'm doing wrong? It was onboard flash - I do have an SB-600 but not very confident using it to be honest. Might make that one of my projects next year - learn how to use the flash (and work up a bit of confidence to get it out in public!).

Golden Lion Tamarin 1 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Thanks for looking (y)

Lovely pose Fi (y)
I'm not that good with flash either, but was advised once to turn down (?)
the flash, or at least put a diffuser over it to cut down on the "shiny" effect".
Sorry can't be more help than that, save I do find that a piece of thin tissue
( one layer of Kleenex type) placed over the on board flash and rubber banded in place, does help up to a point.

Lovely pose Fi (y)
I'm not that good with flash either, but was advised once to turn down (?)
the flash, or at least put a diffuser over it to cut down on the "shiny" effect".
Sorry can't be more help than that, save I do find that a piece of thin tissue
( one layer of Kleenex type) placed over the on board flash and rubber banded in place, does help up to a point.

Thanks for the tips - I have asked for one of those puffer diffuser type things for christmas so hopefully that will help. I don't know if I can turn down the onboard flash - will have to have a look in the manual :thinking:

Back