Wild GoldenEagle

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
This is an unusual image in that you seldom find golden eagles in a forrest. We learned of this eagle whilst out in Spain and it made us curious so took the chance and drove 100km to talk to the guy who had a little hide set up. He uses the hide for his own personal use but welcomed us and asked for feedback on improvements he could make and gave me some time in his little makeshift hide. Anyway this was way up high in a very small clearing in a forrest hilltop site( almost at mountain height), hidden away and out of sight.The area is actually set up in the territory of 2 different pair of golden eagles and any pair can visit.A very difficult situation as you just don't get any warning of the eagles comin in. This large female came from the side of the hide straight onto this baited rock and was curious of the rabbit as there isn't any rabbits in that area of spain due to various diseases. The autumn leaves when lit by the sun were fantastic but no eagle turned up at that point.The male came in and sat behind this rock out of our site for a while and this female took the rabbit and flew under a nearby tree where it was difficult to see her so i only have a few images of her. A great time but also frustrating at the same time, feedback given on improvements to the hide owner and a new friend made. Here is just 1 image of that female-

Golden Eagle (Wild) by Mark Molloy, on Flickr

Back