Goldfinch and Collared Dove

Name
Trev
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been trying to get a decent shot of Goldfinches off the feeders for some time, but have given in now and am posting some feeder shots.
They ignore the branches I put around them, prefering the nearby bushes to hide in, in between feeding.
The light was poor for these, ISO 1600, f 5.6, 1/500 at 370mm, at that they needed a lot of PP to bring anything out thats half decent so am not sure if they are good enough to post for comment. What do you think :thinking:

1)
5346377661_e5058c3857_b.jpg

2) Messy eaters
5348423787_5860e33dcc_b.jpg

3) A regular visitor looking to clean up anything left over, so he's been included.
5349032974_9b7baa1490_b.jpg

Thanks for looking

C & C Welcome

One can only assume you have not read any of that info I sent you then Trev :nono: It is a pain when they dont do as you wish, as feeder shots go and considering the lighting they are pretty good . At least you got Goldies which is a plus (y) Expect to see some of a higher standard when it brightens up :LOL:

One can only assume you have not read any of that info I sent you then Trev :nono: It is a pain when they dont do as you wish, as feeder shots go and considering the lighting they are pretty good . At least you got Goldies which is a plus (y) Expect to see some of a higher standard when it brightens up :LOL:
Thanks Rich, and yes, I'm slowly working through it :thinking: takes time to sink in though :D
Watch this space :LOL:

3 nice captures Trev, No2 looks like a pair of book ends :LOL::LOL:

Regards: Gordon

Trev there were loads of them at Belvide, I managed one shot from the far hide with around 50 of them on the path feeding ;)

Best bet is to put a twig in a feeder port and wait till they land on it.

3 nice captures Trev, No2 looks like a pair of book ends :LOL::LOL:

Regards: Gordon
:D Cheers Gordon
Look good to me, I see in #2 they drop seeds at your place as well :LOL:
Oh yes Ken, messy devils but 'll forgive them (y)
Nice captures Trev,its nice to share.lovely vibrant colours on the Goldie,thank you
Thank you John (y)
Nice shots Trev,they are well fed anyway.(y)
Thanks Rob, yes, and they're greedy too :LOL:
Trev there were loads of them at Belvide, I managed one shot from the far hide with around 50 of them on the path feeding ;)

Best bet is to put a twig in a feeder port and wait till they land on it.
Good tip, thanks Martyn, they sure didnt want to know about my branches :D. I'm hoping to get down there later this week all being well (y)

It's a bummer when you can't catch them off the feeders, but that apart, nice shots Trev - well done mate. (y)

Back