Goldfinch and Siskin

Edit My Images
Yes
Sorry I havent posted for ages, I havent had the time to watch the birds for a while
The Goldfinches are back in numbers now we were just seeing one or two:)
Managed a shot of a Siskin too first for me though it is a 50% crop
Both taken with the camera on tripod with remote release
550D and 70-200 F4
IMG_2450web.jpg

IMG_2508web.jpg

Lovely and sharp and nice colours! Shame the tail of the siskin is OOF but not that much of a problem really.

Great composition too on the Goldfinch...the Siskin just seems a little 'off'

Lovely and sharp and nice colours! Shame the tail of the siskin is OOF but not that much of a problem really.
Thanks Chris :)
I used F5.6 for the Siskin and 6.3 for the Goldfinch maybee 6.3 is a better bet

Great composition too on the Goldfinch...the Siskin just seems a little 'off'
the light was not as nice when I took the Siskin. I will have another go at the white balance

Couple of good shots, the marking on the tail of the Goldfinch lines up with the branch unfortunately, makes it look as if some photoshopping has been done a a quick glance

Two nice captures, and I agree that No1 is the best of the two. Focus is spot on the eye in No2 and it is sharp. As you have said you need to open up the lens slightly to increase the depth of field. Well done.

Regards: Gordon

As has been said, two good efforts, I do like the goldie as it's a slightly unusual pose.
I know what you mean about lack of time, it's a real bugger, especially at this time of year when there is so much great behaviour going on out there!

Tara

Back