Goldfinch

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
_V2C5849-Edit-2-Edit.jpg

C&C always welcome.

Thank you for looking :)

A lovely bird and its a nice pose but I think it is a shame the depth of field did not extend as far as the gold flash on the wing. My guess is the light was not good and you had the lens wide open. Still a nice capture. (y)

tom i think you need a lot lot more dof as all that is sharp is the beak and eye, unless thats how you wanted it.

tom i think you need a lot lot more dof as all that is sharp is the beak and eye, unless thats how you wanted it.

:agree: In saying that Tom imo because of the shallow dof my eyes were hunting around a bit just to see what was in focus, I would be tempted to adjust brightnes ,contrast or whatever was needed so as the head looks more prominent, but thats just me :D Still a excellent capture and a good pose (y)

A lovely bird and its a nice pose but I think it is a shame the depth of field did not extend as far as the gold flash on the wing. My guess is the light was not good and you had the lens wide open. Still a nice capture. (y)

Agree with what Ken has said, really like that pose.

Nice shot

As always a lovely shot Tom (y)

Lovely pose there :)

:agree: In saying that Tom imo because of the shallow dof my eyes were hunting around a bit just to see what was in focus, I would be tempted to adjust brightnes ,contrast or whatever was needed so as the head looks more prominent, but thats just me :D Still a excellent capture and a good pose (y)

Cheers for all your comments. At the time I had been trying to get a head shot, in poor conditions, hence the shallow and then this one landed and its the pose that I liked.

Does he repeat that pose on a better day - no chance :bang:

Tom

Back