GOMZ Lubitel - Restoration?

Edit My Images
No
Hi Everyone

I picked up a GOMZ Lubitel at a car boot this morning and it's in pretty poor exterior condition (lots of rust etc), although inside it looks pretty clean and clear. I originally bought it as a display item, but part of me would quite like to see if I can get it restored and working. Can anyone recommend someone who might be able to take a look at it and let me know if it could be a worker or just destined for the shelf .

Cheers

Ash

If it is in poor condition with lots of rust,then it probably is past any CLA and as you can buy a good condition worker for less than £50.00,that would be the route

I would take if I wanted to have one to use.

@medwaygreen - cheers. It cost me a fiver and as I say the original intention was just to clean it up a tad and have it on display in the office with few other vintage bits and bobs. However, the lure of trying to get a shot out of it is already growing! If I can find someone local enough to take a look I will.

You've probably found THIS but just in case...

I'd be tempted to just make sure the interior isn't going to FU the film BAR and run one through it pretty much as is (as long as the shutter seems to work and the aperture does about what it's supposed to!). If it gives any decent results - RESULT! if not, at least it'll still work fine as an ornament with no extra expenditure other than a roll of film and dev costs.

Back