Good camera for Home interiors recommendation

Name
Joe
Edit My Images
Yes
Evening all.
Ive recently gone out on my own with my Painting and Decorating business and Im taking a lot of before and after photos on my Galaxy S10 of rooms that I finish but its just not cutting it. Its not wide enough and the quality just isn't up to what I need it to look like when posted to social media and my website.
So I was wondering if anyone can recommend a budget friendly good quality wide angle point and shoot or something else please?
Much appreciated

Welcome to the forum.

Phone cameras tend to be pretty wide angle - my Xaiomi has the equivalent of around 24 to 26 mm, and few compacts will go wider than that. The obvious answer is for you to spend loads on a decent camera and ultra wide lenses, however before you do that have a look to see if anyone makes wide angle adapters for your phone. You may find there's a cheap clip on system that will do what you want.

Thanks a lot guys. I guess it is pretty wide then when explained like above. I hadn't even thought about the panoramic either :oops: :$
If Im correct the ultra wide setting is the three trees? I change it to that for every photo. I was thinking the quality could be a bit better.

Try using Pro mode.
That allows you to alter the settings.
I've used my S10 to take images of my lounge/kitchen etc and it is actually pretty decent.....

I have the Samsung S21 Ultra 5G has an amazing camera's - but in my opinion you need a lot better than a phone to do great interia shots and as my learned friend above states Lighting/ editing and a tripod

My imput is you'll need a decent camera and lens wide angle prefered- you state poor quality, then a phone compared to a 61mp Sony a7Riv for example does not come close as the phone has a tiny sensor in comparison and even smaller lens

Not sure what to suggest - Not knowing your budget ?

Les :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot guys. I guess it is pretty wide then when explained like above. I hadn't even thought about the panoramic either :oops: :$
If Im correct the ultra wide setting is the three trees? I change it to that for every photo. I was thinking the quality could be a bit better.
Correct. The three trees is the ultra wide mode.

If doing panos I would keep it to very constrained ones, possibly even just an extra 50% width or such (worth experimenting) so that the perspective and lines aren't ruined.

Back