good photo locations in the north east

Name
Jack
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello,

Could anyone advise me good photo locations in the north east of England?

Thanks

Jack

trainbrainboy said:
Hello,

Could anyone advise me good photo locations in the north east of England?

Thanks

Jack

Come to Newcastle there you can go to Tynemouth, the Northumberland coast, Hadrian's walls, we have an abundance of locations that are stunning.

north east need to be more specific as some people class the north east from norwich to the humber
if they think that we must be south scotland :)

Thanks guys

North east of England round Newcastle or Sunderland or Durham anywhere in the north east NOT Scotland lol

Thanks

You got loads up here castles ,rivers, waterfalls ,hills ,stately homes ,railways ,
Beamish ,tanfield railway etc

I'm new in Newcastle as well and I find it shooting the Tyne River with Gateshead Bridge, Millenium Bridge and The Sage from Swing Bridge is nice. Especially when the water is still, you get reflection of the structures..

Agreed, Newcastle city centre has some great old buildings. The quayside looks amazing at night, st Mary's lighthouse on the coast at Whitley bay, tynemouth priory, the fish quay at north shields, you've got the wind farm at cambois, druridge bay country park a bit further up the coast, there's also things like the angel of the north and penshaw monument just south of the river, the sea front at roker and seaburn where the Sunderland air show is held is really nice too!

same
also the south shields beach is nice with the reflections on the sand
pensham monument gets some press
then there is the angel of the north of course.
quayside is very popular for stills.

further north alnwick is nice and then lindesfarne.
towards the "south" there is sealsands . not been down there myself
then there is a newcastle meet up thread, one or two floating around so I'd put my name down on that too if you fancy being social too :)

Loads of great things to photograph up hear in Newcastle and the surrounding areas, a lot have been mentioned, ooh and keilder forest too...Great for star shots .

Back