South-East England Good places for Landscape photography in Bedfordshire

Name
Vicky
Edit My Images
Yes
Just moved to Bedfordshire and my aim for the new year is to get out and do more landscape photography this year. From other locals I've heard that Bedfordshire is a bit boring for nice shots. Just wondering if anyone could give me any good locations so I can get back to what I enjoy!

Some nice wildlife locations wouldn't go a miss either!

Last edited:
Welcome to Beds Vicky, (Kempston, Bedfordshire here)

Yeah, i've not managed to do a lot of landscape in Beds I have to admit, a quick look on flickr will pretty much show you what there is :-/

But there's a few reasonable features round the county that would be landscape orientated, eg stewartby chimneys? parts of the great ouse etc?

Dont believe the locals! I've found some great looking spots: http://www.shothotspot.com/hotspots/?nelng=-0.07408139346011922&nelat=52.42445412719005&swlat=51.95278424310743&swlng=-0.8336794620242927&country=GB&types=&place=Bedfordshire, United Kingdom&acc=16&kw=&x=&oswlat=52.0545323&oswlng=-0.6687742999999955&onelat=52.3229384&onelng=-0.24074529999995775

Best for landscape I reckon are the lavender fields (in summer though), Caldecotte Lake/Windmill, Stevington Windmill, Woburn House (great for Deer), Willington Lake, Clophill Church, Houghton House

Heh heh, yea but hitchins in Hertfordshire, Caldecotte Lake / Windmill is in Bucks, Woburns good for deer, not necessarily landscape, Clophill is a Church and Houghton House is, well a ruin, nice but not easy to work into a landscape. So i'll give you willington lake :D although its not much for a landscape :oops: :$:exit:

Thanks very much for all your advice, will check them all out. Hopefully in a few months time i'll have a few good shots.

Just been to Stevington windmill today... Some nice shots to be had there and of the bridge in the next village of Oakley (although not today as it's massively flooded!!)

Gary

I'm just over the boarder in Northant's but born in Bed's. Houghton House near Ampthill is free to visit and Sharpenhoe Clappers. I've also photographed Stevington Mill, a few of the villages are worth a shot or two, particularly Old Warden in the Summer.

Back