Good Samaritans

gazedd

Ding Dong
Name
Gary Eddleston
Edit My Images
Yes
4333182196_378ea6b022.jpg

The Story behind this shot is that I had got lost over at "Skipton". I decided enough was enough and programmed the SatNav to take me home, Sod's law is that the route it took me was exactly where I wanted to be only 2 hours earlier.
The Fog had set in, over the large hills and I plodded along on the windy and bumpy road when I can across an accident that must have only just happened.
Now I'm the kinda guy that would usually drive past, I don't like to cause crowds unnecessarily but because I had only just caught sight of this at the last minute I thought I would be safer to check that they had called the emergency services and I would take up position to slow and warn traffic down of the danger.
This in itself was dangerous simple due to the fact that behind this shot is a long and bumpy section where cars just "pop" up over the brow and I wanted to try and warn them to help cause less injury to the casualty.

After approximately 15-20 minutes the emergency services arrived and took over the scene.

They were rather fast in helping the guy who we believed may have had a broken arm and a sore back after falling off his motorcycle. He walked into the ambulance thought so I can only presume he was OK.

So with all that behind me, I'm glad I did my part in helping the chap, I think this will change my outlook on accidents in the future and I will stop to assist where help or safety is needed

No Crit or comments are needed, I just wanted to share my adventure today :)

Back