Goodwood 80th Members' Meeting

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
A day and a half at the greatest motorsport event on earth (which, handily, is at one of the best circuits for public photography)...

Goodwood 80MM by Chris Harrison, on Flickr

two observations:
you must have got there early.....when I went in the paddocks half of middle class England were already in there.....fab shot of the Cortina on the jack, that's on a fairly busy 'stretch'
you found a really good spot with the daffodils, most of my background is that black stuff - although I did spend some time in the enlcosure near the chicane you are always looking down on the cars from the public side.....
assume you were wearing one of the white, numbered bibs?

No8 lovely detail shot of the Cobra

Lovely shots - still downloading all 7000 of mine.

Just a regular public shooter, no accreditation or access. The daff shots are from the bus/tractor stop at Woodcote, stood behind the gate at the lowest point after the banking.

And yes arrived in the car park at 7am each day, in by 7.30, the paddocks looked like this...

I've seen a lot of your work on Instagram but they look amazing in a larger format here. Top class work as always, from an event I really, really need to get to soon.

I've seen a lot of your work on Instagram but they look amazing in a larger format here. Top class work as always, from an event I really, really need to get to soon.

Thank you, trying 4:5 on Instagram to try and give them a bit more screen real-estate, it's very easy to get away with 'almost-sharp' photos on Instagram but I feel that's a slippery slope, so I'm still brutal with my culling!

lesson for next year, then.... very early start as it takes me 1h45 to get to the car park, then 1st port of call is the Goodwood Organic stand for a bacon roll....

I checked out Woodcote, or just before it as there is a dip and rise on the track which gives a good perspective.... I'll see at Revival but there'll be no daffs.

Thank you, trying 4:5 on Instagram to try and give them a bit more screen real-estate, it's very easy to get away with 'almost-sharp' photos on Instagram but I feel that's a slippery slope, so I'm still brutal with my culling!
IG does hide a multitude of sins :D

Great pictures at all Chris! Congrats! Loving the pannings. But also the detail shot of the Superleggera is awesome.

These are stunning, the processing really adds to them too.

At he Chicane infield for the Sunday afternoon Moss Trophy.. this Austin Healey 3000 Mk.1 that was taking the chicane with a little bit too much exuberance nearly lost it close to the race's conclusion....the poor white-bibbed guy trackside panicked as the AH was coming towards us but the driver managed to regain control and finish the race..._PWJ4724 resized.jpg

Of course, the Healey is just out of focus as I was expecting it to be where the Lotus was....

Apologies for hijacking this thread. but thought better for one 80MM thread than multiple ones. then at least everyone can review the magnificent opening set from the OP...

Excellent set, going to sound stupid but keep going back to No4 but probably as i used to run a detailing company and those beads just look awesome.

Back