GoodWood Race Track

Name
Mike Simpson
Edit My Images
Yes
Not sure if this in the right section, if not, please could a mod move it to the motorsports section.

Anyway, regarding this thread, here are the promised piccies :razz:

Unforuntely there was not many cars at the track this time, and we were in kind of a rush, so i didn't get a chance to take many photos. Heres a selection of what i considered the best of the bunch.

They are cracking shots! Very nice processing (do I detect a touch of HDR?) and beautifully composed. Only thing that jumped out straight away though was the clipped door in 2. Great subject too (4 is my dream car, kit-or-not ;))

Great stuff, loving the processing nice colours (y)

First off, sorry to the admins, i didn't realise the auto resize had been removed from the forums. (These are my flickr uploads and i like the users to have the option of seeing a large version)

bulb763- The days are gone when you might actually see a real cobra, but i agree i would love one even if it was a copy. One of the sexiest cars ever made. None of the photos are HDR apart from no.5 hence the different file name. I really liked the photo but it was horribly exposed. The road and sky were almost bright white, the guy and the car were in deep shadows, HDR was the only way to save it (y)
As for no.2, I was using a prime and couldn't walk back any further :(

Pete and Wile Cheers! :woot:

Ahh yes now that I don't have to look at the picture in a letter-box sized browser window (work :p) I can see its quite obviously HDR! I agree it's a great scene, well worth saving. Perhaps a little tighter on the ride sight of the pic? :shrug:

Updated the thread with smaller photos!

yep, the Cobra is a lovely looking car, doesn't do a lot for your hair though unless you want that 'pulled through a hedge backwards' look :LOL:

My fave is the back of the Ferrari - excellent pic :clap:;)

I look like i've been pulled through a hedge backwards regardless :LOL:

And i agree, thats my favorite photo too, and i believe it too be probably the best photo i've taken? Or its at least the most of been pleased with.

Ahh yes now that I don't have to look at the picture in a letter-box sized browser window (work :p) I can see its quite obviously HDR! I agree it's a great scene, well worth saving. Perhaps a little tighter on the ride sight of the pic? :shrug:

I was contemplating cropping the right hand side, but wanted to keep the shadow of the car in frame and I also wanted to keep the car centered :) I didn't really want to HDR it as i wanted the entire set to look the same style, i tried reprocessing it last night without HDR and it wasn't really possible, shame really.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Heres a few more that i processed today, im not expecting C&C on all of these, just hope you enjoy!

They are all poo! :p - nah seriously as I have said on IRC some stunning shots! and I like the processing (on most :p ) Really like the exhaust smoke in the shots, dunno why, but it looks really good

Just stumbled across these. Lovely work and superb colours evident. Nice one.

Looks like the D80 is a beauty....good eye however, always helps.

Just stumbled upon this as well, a cracking series of shots, really like the rich colours.

:clap:

very very impressed with these ..
not much else i can add which has not already been said

but very very impressed...

and for the hard of hearing at the back im impressed ..

md(y)

Wow.

Errr ....

Yeah, wow.

That's how to make someone want a car!! :D

Hmm I seem to be drawn to the blue & white AC for some reason :shrug: :D

I thought I had replied to this, maybe i had just talked to you about it on irc. I love this set, its easily my favourite work of yours, there is just so many great shots in it. Also the smoke looks fantastic, I would love to pick your brains in your processing technique.

Back