Google Drive/Docs or OneDrive

Edit My Images
No
As per title, not for photo storage but for office based work, emails, word documents etc across home and office machine.

Any preference?

@AndrewSt

I agree with @4wd Why not use both?

There's nothing to stop you using more than one. I have OneDrive, Creative Cloud, iCloud, and Dropbox. I'm sure most people (not just here on Talk Photography, but anywhere else) are likely to be using two or three or more different cloud storage services.

If Google Drive is having problems, you could use OneDrive, same with if OneDrive is having problems, use Google Drive. Or you could use one for business but the other for personal, so your files don't get mixed up. And consider this: Since most cloud storage could be used free to start with (with limited storage space which is just temporary), you could field test each one in turn, when you finally decided on which one you feel is more suitable, you can always transfer the files from the service you don't want, to the service you want.

For example: Try Google Drive for a couple of months, then try OneDrive for a couple of months. If you decided Google Drive is better, just move your files from OneDrive to Google Drive (or the other way round if you feel OneDrive is better).

Office 365 subscription comes with 1TB of OneDrive storage and all the Office applications installable on multiple devices, online access to the documents, and a family subscription includes 6 users now for £6.60/mth or £5 for personal sub.

No brainer if you want the office software especially.

The issue I have is that one drive do not allow any file types that it does not recognise.

I am mainly a freelance designer by trade and create my invoices using adobe indesign. Cannot upload the templates I use as they are .indd files.

I can understand why they do it but would like to see a workaround.

T

I've not had problems uploading odd file types. From what I can tell there's no restriction on file types, though there is with SharePoint which would affect OneDrive for Business if storing to SharePoint folders, depending how the organisation sets up the rules.

Paid or free? How much storage? MS gives you 1TB for £60 pa with an Office 365 rental thrown in. Google One gives you double the storage for £80 pa, which could be preferable if you need the extra storage and already have an office suite (or of course if you use Google Docs).

Back