Goose Squadron - Edit Added

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
Wasn't sure about this, trying for something a little different, a bit arty maybe even a little farty. :shrug:

Any thoughts, does it work, what you think? I wanted it to look more like a sketch than a photo.

Cheers

Andy

Last edited:
It is different, and that is not a bad thing, so well done for putting some thought into the image, only thing is that I am unsure if I like it or not :thinking:

As an expansion on the idea, I wonder how it would look with a coloured background, or with the birds white on black.

I'm sure I have just commented on this post HERE :shrug:

You did yes. Typically I had got 60 odd views and no critique in the bird thread so dropped it into the General section. Soon as I do that someone comments on here as well..... doh.

Martyn, yes its something I've been toying with, different bg's and bird colours, possibly an Andy Warhol type panel of 4.

Andy

I also am not sure about it one thing is I don t dislike it, I think you are on the right lines of wanting it to look more like a sketch maybe if the blacks wern't so black if you know what I mean then it would look more penciled in, just a thought

Soon as I do that someone comments on here as well..... doh.

Andy

Sorry about that I was thinking about it :D

I would also try removing one bird so that you are left with 5, an odd number always looks better compositionally, for some reason (y)

I also am not sure about it one thing is I don t dislike it, I think you are on the right lines of wanting it to look more like a sketch maybe if the blacks wern't so black if you know what I mean then it would look more penciled in, just a thought

yes I see what you mean, I'll give it a go.

Sorry about that I was thinking about it :D

I would also try removing one bird so that you are left with 5, an odd number always looks better compositionally, for some reason (y)

Well at least you took the time to consider your response (y) I wonder why an odd number looks better? but it does. To be honest there were originally 5 birds but with a gap so I copied and pasted one of them in to fill it. :naughty:

Andy

OK folks advice taken on board and below are the results. Do these float anyones boat?

Cheers

Andy

Back