Gordon Sheddon is a legend and made me a very happy a boy indeed.

Matt Sayle

2017MSA Young Photographer of the Year(Motorsport)
Name
Matt Sayle
Edit My Images
Yes
I got bored the other weekend and decided that I got my butt into gear and got my BTCC pictures sent off to be signed (been meaning to since August!) Well I eventually got around to it last weekend and sent them all off. I am waiting for the return of:

Tom Onslow COle
Martyn Bell
Micky Doyle.

Anyway, I recevied Sheddons yesterday and it came with a choclate car and a Knockhill coaster! I thought this was extremly kind and thoughtful :D Shame the picture got really crumpled though :( Not to worry though, will get it re-done at Oulton next season!!

ALso big thumbs up to Tom and Micky who replied to me personally :D

Here is the pictures of the picture and choclate!

MMM choclate
IMG_0528.jpg

The whole package
IMG_0526.jpg

A very happy,
Matt

Lovely when people make the effort to reply so quickly, just don't eat the chocolate all in one go :D

That was nice of them...I remember writing away to MARCH (who you're probably too young to remember :lol) when I was nowt but a lad and getting a load of pics,stickers and letter back.....from a certain Max Mosley :cautious: :LOL:

That was nice of them...I remember writing away to MARCH (who you're probably too young to remember :lol) when I was nowt but a lad and getting a load of pics,stickers and letter back.....from a certain Max Mosley :cautious: :LOL:

March, the F1 team? I know them. I am maybe young but love historic racing!!

I think you'll find he works at Knockhill and his wife Jillian is the MD!

I think you'll find he works at Knockhill and his wife Jillian is the MD!

Yeah, I know.

That is where I had to send the picture to :D

thats pretty cool.. i know a lot of people dont bother signing anymore as they know most of the stuff just ends up on ebay.

Really?!?! I will have to say that I want them for personal use rather than selling in my next emails to drivers :):)

That's pretty great. Good to see that some people don't get lost amongst all the fame :) Shame about the state of the picture but like you said you'll get it redone next season :D

P.S long shot, I know but anyone know where I can contact Jason Plato?

Tried Job Centre to no avail :)

I know the team is now defunct. but you could try here for a start.
enquiries@seatsportuk.co.uk
SEAT Sport UK
6 Weddell Way
Brackmills
Northampton
NN4 7HS

Failing that try contacting Fifth Gear.

I'd never thought of sending photos off for autographs. Back in the 90's when the BTCC Super Tourers had practice sessions on the Friday of a race weekend, I'd go down to Brands Hatch, take loads of photos, drop the films off in Boots at Lakeside on the way home for their 1 hr developing, pick them up in the evening then get as many photos signed during the pit lane walkabout on the Sunday.

Back