Wild Goshawk

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
This is the first image from my trip to photograph Goshawks in the wild.We were lucky because it was a grey dull and overcast day right up until the minute the bird landed and the light was gone 2 mins later.Click for larger image which looks a bit better.

Goshawk by markmolloy, on Flickr

Last edited:
Its taken a lot of time and dedication to get this, but the results are looking good Mark, thanks for sharing a great image (y)

Well worth the wait and effort (jammy sod;)).

Looks far better on Flickr Mark, glad you got some shots.

But Mark, they are woodland hunters, so a few branches really does not spoil the image at all. Second one is just as worthy as the first, it has a few twigs in it,so what mate.

I prefer the second one, the twigs don't distract at all. And, it is a fine looking bird.
:plus1: I prefer the more natural image with the branches and twigs, although the first is also a beautiful shot.

Good stuff Mark

I don't mind the branches in number 2. Love the angle and expression of 1

If we're picking favourites, I would go for 2,1,3, but really I like them all. The natural environment is good in my opinion, it shows where the bird lives and hunts, the branches don't bother me in the least, in fact I think they add to the shot.

But Mark, they are woodland hunters, so a few branches really does not spoil the image at all. Second one is just as worthy as the first, it has a few twigs in it,so what mate.

:withstupid: shame they have been persecuted to the point of being so rare over here, nicely presented images Mark of a fine looking bird (y)

Thanks for posting these Mark, and I have to agree that the last is my favourite, really like the detail, pose, and composition in its environment.

Cracking shots of a cracking subject Mark.

Love these Mark - nice and sharp- good to see a Raptor not behind bars for a change

Les

Not sure why they are losing quality posting on here but if you click the pics you will see them on FlickR and better quality.Other images on there as well.

I am guessing compression mainly - you have uploaded an image to flickr that is 2048, but the linked versions are what, 640? That size on flickr doesn't look too hot either, need to see the bigger sizes with less compression going on. Still, could be worse, could be facebook-esque mashing, that really effs them up ;)

Will have a look at the way I'm loading them.Cheers folks.Ade i will give you a call later today or tomorrow as i have a few pets to photograph first.
Better tomorrow mate, got an afternoon of rugby veiwing planned..........................which will be in the pub............:)

Back