got a huey pro today, ran it on my imac....

have you tired updating the software that came with it...I know it's new but if might not have shipped with the most up-to-date software :shrug:

I think I've seen reports of a pink cast before and it was down to a faulty unit. Probably worth a support call to Pantone to double check.

On Windows you get a little tray tool when Huey is running... if you go into there and look at the preferences there are a range of options for colour setting. Try playing with this, some of the settings make quite a bit of difference - which I have to say suprised me given that I thought it was supposed to produce a single "standard" setup.

On Windows you get a little tray tool when Huey is running... if you go into there and look at the preferences there are a range of options for colour setting. Try playing with this, some of the settings make quite a bit of difference - which I have to say suprised me given that I thought it was supposed to produce a single "standard" setup.

Yes... that seems a bit counterproductive. You buy this because you arent confident to set your monitor yourself to produce correct colours then you have to tweak the thing yourself to set the colours right! :shrug: :wacky:

I guess they would argue its more to do with the relative colours than the overall effect.

Set to "web browsing and photo editing" there is definitely a pink hint to the screen, I find the "cool high contrast" is the one most comfortable for my eyes.

But if you try clicking on "uncorrected" you can see the difference under any setting - the screen really looses it.

hi . all
had a look on a xouple of sites, and got some quite usefull tips
ie
be very accurate with the settings, to get the top of a circle to look like the bottom( one of the set up tasks)
and do it in very low light
my monitor is now set and when adjusting a picture( i used a portrait)
the printout was damb close to the screen, so it must of worked?

So you are happy "in the pink" then? Or does what you say loose the pink tint?

Have to say I struggled with my monitors settings to get it right on the setup :(

Got any pointers to the useful websites?

its a faulty unit.

I had the exact same problem. A very very obvious pink tint. I phoned huey, sent mine back to them and they replaced it with a new unit.

The difference is very obvious, beleive me, compared to the faulty unit. For instance, the greys on the windows skin were really pink. Now, they are grey, but a slightly different grey to the uncalibrated screen.

Give huey a call.

Greg

Back