Got my new camera FINALLY :) (Pentax K100D)

Edit My Images
Yes
Ok i bought a canon 350d off ebay but after the woman seeling them failed to deliver any yes ANY of the 16 she sold over a month i decided to opt for the refund and look for something abit more reliable.

I decided on a Pentax k100d as a friend of mine in america recommended them and also in Jessops it seemed a nicely shaped and easy to use camera. Now im wondering firstly where is the best place to buy batteries? and is Energiser a good place to start for (AA ni-mh 2500's) or can anyone else recommend any others?

And im looking at the camera and to be honest im not sure where to start im messing and not really getting anywhere what would you all recommend i do to start with apperture, lighting etc?

And also what do you think of my purchase?

Thanks

ZRMAN :)

Read a lot about these in various mags and always a good report. Just get out there and click away, that's all the advice I can give as I am a beginner in every way. Even spent my dinner hour today hanging out the office window to photograph some long tailed tits. Be sure to post some photos when you get chance.

Hi ZRman
Try lidel supermarket you can buy CR2 Photo-Power LITHIUM Camera batteries etc all from £1.99 by Maxell and others.

Best of luck
Steve:wave:

Thanks guys, and yea i wouldnt mind taking pictures of tits out of my window aswel ;)

Ive had a mess and its really complicated so many buttons and the manual is huge lol going to have to have a play in the morning i think :)

And thanks Steve i'll have a look, are rechargeable not the best way to go?

Yep Energizer batteries are very good, I use them in my flash.

Last forever.

Try and get the highest power you can, I use 2500 which are very good, but you can get over 3000.

Don't buy ordinary nimh batteries. Look for the new sort with low discharge rates, ie Uniross Hybrio or Sanyo Eneloop or there is a similar one by GT if you want rechargeable ones?

Ok ive just bought 4 UNIROSS 2000mah R6 batteries and

some energizer batteries and charger. 4 x 2500mah nimh so there on charge now :)

Are they any good?

Also has anyone got this camera and what do you think of it? Sale of my canon 350d fell through and this was the other one that took my fancy.

I'd like to know the same, as I have a friend who already has 5 Pentax lenses from her film camera and she's convinced they'll work on a K100D Super.

She's on a tight budget and if the glass does work on the DSLR then really it's a no-brainer. Lots of camera mag reviews seem to rate it, considering it's price, but do peeps on here agree?

Cheers, Mark

EDIT: ZRMan, I highly recommend Sanyo Eneloops, especially if you're an occasional user. Reason I say this is that they lose only approx. 1% of their charge every month, when left dormant in the accessory. I use them in my 580EX II Speedlite (y)

Back