Got One of My Pictures Printed in The Paper

Name
Ross Angus Williams
Edit My Images
Yes
I got my picture printed in my local paper back home on mull (the Oban Times).:)

Here is the article:

scanCustom.jpg

Congrats on that mate. Never made the event but passengered on press day - lovely! :D

well done mate, well deserved :)

Congratulations mate, I want some of that action this year too.

Good enough to print though :bang: Did they approach you?

Was approched by the co-driver of the pictured car. I had sent 3 images from the snowman to the oban times with a little bit about each local driver the tuesday night after the event and they never printed anything then he sent in the picture and a little bit about the event and it was printed.

I the same picture has been printed in another local paper ( Am Muileach) which is a black and white paper.

If a picture is good enough to be printed (as yours is) then it's certainly good enough to be paid for!

Personally I hate newspapers - they steal photos and write rubbish, so I won't give them anything for free.

Good enough for them to print but not good enough for them to pay for?

I would send them an invoice...

Good enough for them to print but not good enough for them to pay for?

I would send them an invoice...

I am happy to supply the 2 local papers with pictures for now free as long as i am credited with the picture but once i have been doing photography for a while and have got decent enough photos i will be wanting paid for them.

It can be quite hard to break that trend though. A lot of newspapers use people just starting out like that for a few free images then move onto the next guy willing to give a few freebies out...

:agree:

Help the industry (and those that work in it) by always charging for photos - you can always do a 3 for price of 2! :D

I certainly charge...

Altho never experience dealings with a newspaper, I know a Motorsport company approached me for some images of his car/team and got 3 for £70 full res. Went towards my 50mm 1.8 af ;)

Well done for getting the image in the paper, but now you've tasted it you want to become a little bit tougher, I'm sure ppl will back me up on that :)

If they're happy to print but say it's not good enough quality to buy, tell them to stick it!

Well Done :D

Back