got this focus stacking cracked

Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
No
end of my first day playing with focus stacking on the omd1-mkii with olympus 60mm macro .. the camera makes it a easy job once set up ,simply aim at centre of target and it will go forward then back over it . total doddle .pair of nutcrackers at a diagonal below to demonstrate
nutcracker sweet by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr

Very good, does it work with flash too?

Very good, does it work with flash too?
as far as I’m aware yes ,I believe you simply input the flash re.cycling times into the menu Matt .not yet tried it though still dipping my toes in water , one thing worth mentioning though is it relieved the boredom of lockdown as I was playing around all day with it

That's working very well. It looks a much better result than some similar ones I tried yesterday with Panasonic's in-camera stacking. (I used subjects that were a bit smaller, but I doubt that would have made much difference.)

I'm wondering ...
How long does it take to capture the images?
And how long for the camera to process them and produce the stacked version?
Do you have to make any settings before doing the capture, like number of shots or the distance between each shot?
Does it work hand-held?

That's working very well. It looks a much better result than some similar ones I tried yesterday with Panasonic's in-camera stacking. (I used subjects that were a bit smaller, but I doubt that would have made much difference.)

I'm wondering ...
How long does it take to capture the images?
And how long for the camera to process them and produce the stacked version?
Do you have to make any settings before doing the capture, like number of shots or the distance between each shot?
Does it work hand-held?
not actually timed it but probably between 15 to 30 seconds
thats it all done in the time frame above
yes you just input the settings into menu both of those parameters are there and changeable plus you can add a time delay for flash re-chargeing
not yet tried it hand held but will do once the weather brightens up (bloody freezing at the moment ,im by the Irish Sea )
to turn on and off its simply go to menu and switch bracketing to on or off

not actually timed it but probably between 15 to 30 seconds
thats it all done in the time frame above
yes you just input the settings into menu both of those parameters are there and changeable plus you can add a time delay for flash re-chargeing
not yet tried it hand held but will do once the weather brightens up (bloody freezing at the moment ,im by the Irish Sea )
to turn on and off its simply go to menu and switch bracketing to on or off

Thanks. Interesting.

I have never really tried it properly with my E-M1 and 60mm
That looks good

Back