Granada 1989

Name
Rob Telford
Edit My Images
No
I figured I should really pop something up here as we have this section now.

Some recently scanned slides of the Alhambra, Granada, Spain, taken with my Canon AV-1 and an FD 50mm f/1.8.

The architects I was working for shut up shop and flew all the staff, admin included, off for an long weekend's study trip in early November 1989 - back end of a construction boom and we'd just got a big stage payment in for Plantation Wharf at Battersea. The nasty recession that followed soon after put an end to that kind of thing...

If there's interest I may post some more.

Peinador de la Reina, Alhambra by cybertect, on Flickr

Court of the Myrtles by cybertect, on Flickr

Tower of Comares by cybertect, on Flickr

Puerta de la Justicia - daylight by cybertect, on Flickr

Last edited:
Excellent shots Rob, there's something about the last one which particularly appeals to me.
'Study trip' eh! What were you studying, Rioja? :D

Andy

'Study trip' eh! What were you studying, Rioja?

Rob's photos already had me thinking how much I'd love to go back and have some pure shooting time at the Alhambra. Comments like that can only seal the deal for me.

The most beautiful Spanish architecture, with the beautiful spanish people and their wonderful wine. Mmmmm, heaven. :D

Brings back memories of my time there in the early 90s.

I also went to Seville, Cadiz, Rhonda, Cordobla as I hired a car and stayed in Pensiones. Only place I wasn't keen on was Gibralta

Some great shots

damn ! I thought I'm about to see ford granada from 1989 :( I'm a sad person for liking that car :D

btw - shots are very beautiful.
funny how the colour etc still looks better than 98% of the new dijikal cameras.

Love the 3rd one in this second set Rob.

Andy

Back