Grand Princess - Liverpool Pier Head 2008

Edit My Images
Yes
THE largest cruise liner to arrive in Liverpool made her grand entrance today

Carrying 2,600 passengers, 950 ft long and weighing 109,000 tonnes the grand dame of the seas sailed into port as part of a 12-day tour of the British Isles

Grand-Princess-Liverpool.jpg

Wow - what a beast. Good shot - looks like you struggled to get it all in

Thats a great pic. We had that ship in Guernsey a few days ago. . . they moore about half a mile out of the harbour because the berth is to small, then use water taxis to get the passengers in!

I looked at that pic and instantly without looking at your sig knew you owned a d300-the characteristic colours standing out way over the whiteness of anything.

Like a signature tune

For anyone that missed this - its coming back to Liverpool - July 5 and 29 and August 22.

Nice one!

when is the boat due to leave? or has it left already?

It went last night at 7pm was only in town for 13 hours - but back again in a few weeks (July 5 and 29 and August 22) - Don't know the times yet though

I looked at that pic and instantly without looking at your sig knew you owned a d300-the characteristic colours standing out way over the whiteness of anything.

Like a signature tune

Yes D300 set to Vivid and I punched it up a touch in PSE

Thanks for the comments (y)

No wonder the Ark Royal left, that makes our flagship look like a dinghy

Nice shots - they're very impressive ships, one of the sister ships followed us around Alaska last year on our honeymoon....

& yes in the 2nd shot it is docked next to buses & a real town, not models - they really are that huge !!

sapphire.jpg

sapphire-2.jpg

Simon

Nice shots - they're very impressive ships, one of the sister ships followed us around Alaska last year on our honeymoon....

Thanks - 'they' wouldn't let us get that close in town without a boarding pass/boat ticket - whatever its called? :shrug:

Simon

No wonder the Ark Royal left, that makes our flagship look like a dinghy

Ark Royal would fit in there 4 times over! but which ship has the best guns :naughty:

sorry stevie just re read the thread..blummin thread jackers,..looking at the shots and not the names.:bonk:

Last edited:
sorry stevie just re read the thread..blummin thread jackers,..looking at the shots and not the names.:bonk:

Don't worry about it pal I don't mind them jumping in on me post, I could of taken a similar pic if I could of got close enough - Security had different ideas though ;)

Last edited:
I understand mate, but what a liner and well done Liverpool for getting on her ports of call register....here is to many more cruise liners for the capital of culture!!!

Simon

Wow, mass stalking. :eek: Are there no laws in Alaska? I would have called the Police for harassment like that. ;) :LOL:

Seriously, nice pics Simon, especially the 1st one with the snow capped mountain in the background. :)

This ship brings back fond memories of my days as a shipboard tog. The Grand is no where near the largest now! Bless her!!

Coming home on this in November Southampton to Florida. YIPPEE!!
THE largest cruise liner to arrive in Liverpool made her grand entrance today

Carrying 2,600 passengers, 950 ft long and weighing 109,000 tonnes the grand dame of the seas sailed into port as part of a 12-day tour of the British Isles

Grand-Princess-Liverpool.jpg

The spoiler, its a night club called Sywalkers, highest part of the ship for passengers. At least thats what its called on Star Princess! Not a good place to be crossing the Atlantic in a storm! fair rocking and rolling.

Another Grand Princess shot from Liverpool

Grand-Princess-Liverpool-2.jpg

One heck of a boat. Love the rear wing - the F1 boys could learn something from that. Can you get a panning shot of it at a nice slow shutter speed, hehe ;-)

Pretty awesome sight. They seem to get larger.The Princess Line is very upmarket-one of,if not the best ,they say.

Right now she's left Fort Lauderdale, Florida and is underway to Oranjestad- island of Aruba (Southern Caribbean) situated 27 kms. north of Venezuela.

John, have been on 2 of similar size crossing the Atlantic heading home, very smooth compared to the old Irish Ferry trips:LOL:
Ian.
Pretty awesome sight. They seem to get larger.The Princess Line is very upmarket-one of,if not the best ,they say.

Right now she's left Fort Lauderdale, Florida and is underway to Oranjestad- island of Aruba (Southern Caribbean) situated 27 kms. north of Venezuela.

I got pics of the Grand Princess at the same time. Also around this time the Ark Royal visited Liverpool, and this dwarfed if. :eek:

Seemed weird that the Grand Princess was so much larger than one of the country's aircraft carrier. :eek:

John, have been on 2 of similar size crossing the Atlantic heading home, very smooth compared to the old Irish Ferry trips:LOL:
Ian.

Ahh.The Irish sea,amongst the roughest in the world. I used to go into it in a minesweeper from Salthouse Dock,Liverpool(RNVR).

I thought the one we were on to Alaska(Inner Passage) was pretty large- Celebrity Line- Mercury (sister ship to the Galaxy,the one the singer JaneMcDonald made her tv debut in a documentary) The Mercury is 77,000 tons and Grand Princess 109,000.She had the new stern added.The largest cruise ship is Royal Caribbean's 'Allure of the Seas' at 225,282 tons- a Brit. fell off it a couple of weeks ago off the coast of Mexico.

Aye John, you will know all about it then if you are ex Navy. I am always in awe on these ships and always say to my wife and kids "wow this is amazing" to which they reply "oh dad its only a ship"!!! ??? SAme the first time we went on a Boeing 747 "oh dad its only an old plane" I will ALWAYS be amazed at the brains to make these machines work. I love machines hence my website

http://public.fotki.com/kerso/scottish-hulage-com/

Cheers. Ian.

Ahh.The Irish sea,amongst the roughest in the world. I used to go into it in a minesweeper from Salthouse Dock,Liverpool(RNVR).

I thought the one we were on to Alaska(Inner Passage) was pretty large- Celebrity Line- Mercury (sister ship to the Galaxy,the one the singer JaneMcDonald made her tv debut in a documentary) The Mercury is 77,000 tons and Grand Princess 109,000.She had the new stern added.The largest cruise ship is Royal Caribbean's 'Allure of the Seas' at 225,282 tons- a Brit. fell off it a couple of weeks ago off the coast of Mexico.

Took a look at the link,Ian. Some monsters there. I took some like that when I was in the US..pretty awesome.

Back