Grandad Lends a Hand

Edit My Images
Yes
taken at a village fete....

lendsahandsmall.jpg

nice idea marianne, but cant see why you left his face/head out.

because the focus was on the little girl with his strong hands supporting her....

Marianne..

I always find it a pleasure seeing your work but I am awfully sorry this does nothing for me..:(

oh dear, is it really that bad? I never thought to include any more than I have in this image, I suppose I am seeing this differently to you otherwise I wouldn't have posted it. I feel like removing it in a girlish huff but I will behave and try better next time lol ;)

It's a great moment captured, as your stuff always is but I'm with the others on the visuals.

I do think there is a really stong image in there to be found with a tight crop around the four hands and the girls head.

Don't be silly girl, You have a mass of talent and one shot won't spoil my admiration of your work..:love:

Wish I hadn't posted that now..:bonk:

[EDIT] We have the same postcount Marianne..:nuts:

i can see what you have tried to do there marianne. Maybe a tighter crop might work.

BTW my daughter has the exact same shoes on at this very moment :D

amazing Busterboy(ree the post count)....wish I could see why this doesn't work.....perhaps a tighter crop is the answer but I loved her curls, and the action of her climbing on those bars and the safety she felt from her grandad's hands. If I had included more of him obviously there wouldn't be the intensity of the moment as I would have had to zoom out. I am not being precious honest, I am OK with any comments you want to make, in fact I am very grateful for the honesty :)

Nope sorry guys I'm not with you this time. I like as it is, I like feel of I'm kinda going to let you do this part way on your own but Grandads here just in case.

To tighter crop would remove this little girls adventure of climbing the poles and the awarness of Grandad at the ready. I don't think you need the faces this time, that's for the viewer to work on.

Well that's my two pennies worth (y) (y)

sorry marianne, just had a go..
lendsahandsmall1.jpg

This is the sort of crop I had in mind. Just seems to make granddad a bit more abstract and emphasises the hands a little more.

lendsahandsmall[1].jpg

I think Daz's crop is just right. People have come to expect great things from you Marianne, so it's your own fault for setting the bar so high. ;)

Well heres my two pennies worth. Hope you dont mind Marianne. :)
I have gone mono too, i just think the subject suits it.
grandpa2.jpg

You know even if you could please all the people all the time I reckon there'd be no fun in it. ;)

I must admit these comments have made me rethink what I thought was a cracking shot, I couldn't wait to post it, I felt so confident then ouch!! You live and learn....I still like it but I don't think I should enter it into a camera club competition, it would get slated and I'd gradually slide off my chair and crawl out of the room in embarrassment.....lol

made me rethink what I thought was a cracking shot

If you think it's a cracking shot, then it's a cracking shot.

After all, do you take them primarily for your pleasure or to please others. I have loads of shots that other people don't get in the way that I do, doesn't diminish my enjoyment of them one bit.

I think you should go ahead and enter it if that was your intention. It's strange but a group can develop a bond in the way they interpret shots and it could go down a storm at the camera club.

The worst that can happen is they don't rate and will feel all the better for seeing a chink in your armour. ;) :LOL:

I like it but I do like Boon's cropped version better. If it pleases you then you have a winner if it pleases other then its a bonus..

I like it for the story and trust in Grandad - maybe not for competition (it is not a horse of flower!) But it is a super study and I can see it on a wall as a special family record to treasure.

I like lumpsters crop, it's just what I was thinking of though in colour.

Back