Graphics tablet - Advice needed

BRASH

fracster's right hand
Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
Looking at the Aiptek 12000U Graphics Tablet. On Ebay for £60 delivered. Anyone got knowledge of it? The spec looks ok for the money but I've never used one before for photo editing. :shrug::shrug: Please help. Ta!(y)

I use a Wacom Graphire4, It might be a bit more expensive, but it doesnt need batteries and the Aiptek does, but then the Aiptek has a larger working surface.
The reviews Ive' scanned (on amazon) suggest it's OK but not great

I use a Wacom Graphire4, It might be a bit more expensive, but it doesnt need batteries and the Aiptek does, but then the Aiptek has a larger working surface.
The reviews Ive' scanned (on amazon) suggest it's OK but not great

Thanks: Had a look on Amazon. 1 excellent review and a couple of OK's. Think I'll get it tho, can't be bad for th price.

Cheers for the help.(y)(y)

Thanks: Had a look on Amazon. 1 excellent review and a couple of OK's. Think I'll get it tho, can't be bad for th price.

Cheers for the help.(y)(y)

when you get it can you let me know if its any good.

when you get it can you let me know if its any good.

Stevie:

I've had it a few weeks now and find it great. The one I bought was advertised as ex-demo or in a damaged box. It didn't appear to be either to me. It was in perfect condition and I'm sure the box had never been opened.

It's a cool piece of kit for the money and has a huge working area. The mouse is crap tho but I have a decent wireless mouse and only use it for zooming in and out when PPing. Everything else I use the tablet for.

As for the batteries, the tablet does not require one, it's USB driven. The pen needs 1 AAA battery and it is expected to last a year with normal use befor needing replaced.

I highly recommend it. (y)(y)(y)(y)

Hope this is of help:woot:

Stevie:

I've had it a few weeks now and find it great. The one I bought was advertised as ex-demo or in a damaged box. It didn't appear to be either to me. It was in perfect condition and I'm sure the box had never been opened.

It's a cool piece of kit for the money and has a huge working area. The mouse is crap tho but I have a decent wireless mouse and only use it for zooming in and out when PPing. Everything else I use the tablet for.

As for the batteries, the tablet does not require one, it's USB driven. The pen needs 1 AAA battery and it is expected to last a year with normal use befor needing replaced.

I highly recommend it. (y)(y)(y)(y)

Hope this is of help:woot:

just one last question, is it a 1to1 ratio as for pen to screen resolution?

I have a Wacom Bamboo, probably not the best on the market but I find it a joy to use. So much so that using a mouse in work is quite frustrating now :) Mine is a 1:1 for screen resolution, takes a couple of minutes to get used to but then becomes second nature, that said you can change it to act as a normal mouse (pick up and reposition type thing!)

The pen on the Bamboo doesn't take batteries, don't ask me how it's powered? And the tablet is USB powered.

Sure is and does take a bit of getting used to. Here's a shot I did by lassoing the background, inversing it and burning out the distractions.

Hope this is of help.

Have a good one.
Cheers Brash!!!!

lilly-1.jpg

Sure is and does take a bit of getting used to. Here's a shot I did by lassoing the background, inversing it and burning out the distractions.

Hope this is of help.

Have a good one.
Cheers Brash!!!!

lilly-1.jpg

cheers for that, i think for £60 its worth a punt!

Back