Graphics Tablets

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone use one? I have a Wacom A5 one I've had for some years, but I hardly use it these days. I find that for smeary painty pushing pixels around type work they're great, just like using a pen. No replacement for a mouse though. I find that for drawing complicated masks and cloning etc, a mouse is a much more stable platform to work from.

I'd imagine people more into graphic design/art would find them great.

CT said:
Anyone use one? I have a Wacom A5 one I've had for some years, but I hardly use it these days. I find that for smeary painty pushing pixels around type work they're great, just like using a pen. No replacement for a mouse though. I find that for drawing complicated masks and cloning etc, a mouse is a much more stable platform to work from.

I'd imagine people more into graphic design/art would find them great.

Yep.. I use a Wacom Graphire 2. You really need a tablet to edit properly... how else are you going to get true pressure sensitivity? Mice suck... anyone who doesn't have a decent tablet.... trust me.. get one... you'll NEVER look back. They're cheap too. You don't need a expensive one. Mine was £40 new off Ebay. Best £40 I ever spent.

You're right also... sometimes the mouse is best for certain tasks... but in the main, I'll be using the pen. Like I said... only a pen gives pressure sensitivity... with a mouse it's on or off... that's crap.

i have a tablet but dont really use it that much, i did find it very useful, but my desk isnt big enough to house all my stuff so i have to keep putting it away and that gets a bit irritating after a while

I been using WACOM the last 3 or 4 years, and I think its amazing all the stuff you can do in PS and in other software, and I found that I work more fast and accurate than with the mouse. And when you are using the computer for long periods of time, with the mouse my wrist start to feel a little pain, with the wacom this doesn't happen to me.

I can say, I'M A PROUD AND HAPPY USER AND CUSTOMER OF WACOM CO., LTD. hehehehehe

i was using a Wacom Ultrapad A4 during 5 years and got now the intuo3 A4 ... but still my old one is very good
you can keep it 10 years i think without any trouble

I have an A3 one Trust branded. My mouse lives on top of it.
I do occasionaly use it, but not all of the time.

Back