Gravel Pit Mist (arty)

Edit My Images
Yes
Another 5:30 start but this time not to the beach but my local gravel pits, well worth the early rise as the light was perfect. Just couldn't get the grebes to come close enough!

IMG_1011cm.jpg

IMG_1013cmm.jpg

IMG_1053cmm-1.jpg

IMG_1039cm.jpg

IMG_1100cm.jpg

IMG_1085cm.jpg

not so keen on the first 3. Not sure why, just doesn't grab me.

4,5 and 6 though are superb i LOVE them

the framing of number 4 is really good but maybe loose a little from the top of the frame.

6 is my favourite. The warmth from the sunlight, the framing and silhouetting of the birds is cracking.

I would be very happy if i'd taken them

Andy

Really nice shots! You need a floating hide.... Ben Hall style :D

The atmosphere is beautiful!

Thanks for all the comments, funny Andy as I prefer the first 3!

I would love to use a floating hide but I think it is a bit deep and I would not be making any friends as it is heavily used by fisherman even at 6am, Ben Hall has some amazing photographs.

Landscape meets bird togging...I know what sort of shot you were after.....

#4 is my fave apart from needing a bit off the top.
#5 is one that always looks like it will work but it always tends to let us down.

Keith(y)

Thanks for the comments, I agree with the crop it looks a lot better without the top.

A floating hide would certainly enable you to get a lot closer....most fisherman probably wouldn`t be too bothered provided you asked and were curtious about it......but I can understand the hesitation with the deep water.

As to the shots I like them all, you don`t need to be close to get these atmospheric shots in fact in many instances you can get to close and loose the mood of the shot...you`ve used the early morning light to a great advantage. The last is excellent.

Thanks a lot for the comments, Mark thanks for the tips I don't think I would feel very confident floating around in the water what with the fish/deep water and with people wondering what I was doing as it is quite a busy lake.

Back