Great Grey Owl

Edit My Images
No
Picture0201.jpg

Any Comments Welcomed!

Last edited:
I think its a great grey owl?

Eyes are nice and sharp, but the buff yellow smudges are a bit distracting.

Absolutely, 2 second job in photoshop using spot healing brush (keyboard shortcut J)

2 second edit to prove it, will remove it if you want.

Last edited:
No it was at a falconry centre was a great day. I originally went to take some of buzzard as still do not have a good shot of a wild one

yes it was I removed it prob for the same reason Mat took his out as well :bonk:

No it was at a falconry centre was a great day. I originally went to take some of buzzard as still do not have a good shot of a wild one

ive been banging my head against a brick wall for months now trying to get what I would consider a good shot of a buzzard in the wild, after literially days lurking in woods, fields and bushes the best one I have I took in my back garden supping coffee and having a fag lol
Ive done one of those days as well, loved it! going to do another though it does feel like its cheating

Last edited:
Yeh have still not got one. My wife sees them out riding all the time. What's your favourite pic of?

They are great. They local to you.

What lens do you use I think I need to get a decent one

cheers, yeah both local, I live in Poole. They were both taken in the summer at a RSPB nature reserve called Arne, I think both with my 70-200 f4 non is with my old 500D, I can't recommend that lens highly enough for the money, I have a 100-400mm now as well but I get a much higher kepper rate with the 70-200.

I'm up near Taunton, is that a cab on own brand lens. I've heard good things about Arne. When is it best to visit?

not sure what you mean cab?
well ive only been going one season but I would say spring. though I think it would be hard not to see plenty down there at any time of year to be honest with you, the place is abundant with wildlife the deer are used to people walking around, on the morning of the two stags rutting shot, I was sat on a bench for 30-40 minutes with them infront of me, one walked up to me within 6-7 foot away at one piont.

Sounds excellent. Sorry meant canon. Do you just do wildlife? I would like to try and do some more portrait stuff too.

Back