Great Tit's

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
Yes
Some Great Tit's from today's outing...

Very nice to finally meet you Trev, hope you managed a few shots and that I didn't keep you talking too long...oops lol (y)

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

5. - Nuthatch Wannabe
main.php

good shots Dan I think the perch maybe dominates the pic a bit to much in pic 1 and 5,maybe the third shot you could crop some off the bottom so the perch is not so big so I think number 2 and 4 is my fav as the perch doesn t dominate the bird so your eye is drawn more to the bird,hope you don t mind me saying but your shots are improving loads now

Fine shots - excellent detail.

Kaz: Thankyou very much for the positive comments, all taken onboard and see where you are coming from, and I'm glad you can see an improvement in my work. Watch out for my Nuthatch thread, there is one in there I think you may like ;)

Dougie: Thankyou too for the kind words, much appreciated indeed.

Now, I do feel the need for at least 400mm lol, my efforts are only from the 70-200mm 2.8 so I think that is next on the cards!

Great captures Dan, lovelly detail of such a small bird

Kaz: Thankyou very much for the positive comments, all taken onboard and see where you are coming from, and I'm glad you can see an improvement in my work. Watch out for my Nuthatch thread, there is one in there I think you may like ;)

Dougie: Thankyou too for the kind words, much appreciated indeed.

Now, I do feel the need for at least 400mm lol, my efforts are only from the 70-200mm 2.8 so I think that is next on the cards!

thanks Dan glad you don t mind but sometimes nice shot comments don t help people improve their work and sometimes someone else can point things out that we tend not to see ourselves sometimes

Definately Kaz, there's no point me shooting away thinking I'm doing a grand job when there is room for improvement to bring a better shot, I'm all for the pointers that will help me and my work :)

Much appreciated (y)

Nice set Dan. I would agree with the comments from Kaz. Knowing the location, try setting up a few smaller branches just above the height of the main tree. You will also be surprised how close they will come to you. Keep your feed in one location, this way they have no chose but to come closer to you. Hopefully meet you up there soon.

Cheers Stu, appreciated mate.

I did something similar to that today, wedged a tall green perch (featured in image 1) above the main log with my feed on...I was amazed how many chose to land on it before going in for food :)

I have a great Nutty on the lower part of the perch, will post it up soon (y)

All these are nice shots Dan, my favs are 2 and 4 for much the same reason as Kaz said, in truth though I like them all.
No, you didnt keep me talking :annoyed: it was a pleasure to meet you, and whats a hobby for if you cant spend a few moments chating to a mate. After all this time it was good to meet up and I hope to see you up there again soon (y) I stayed for about an hour and a half after you left, if anything it got even quierter later on, still a nice few hours though.

Thanks Dai, and very much appreciated Trev for the comments and the chat we had, was a pleasure meeting you finally, here's to more outings mate (y)

Hows this one then for the use of the perch?

main.php

Taken on the S3 Pro

lovely set (y)

Back