Greetings all

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
Not sure why it's taken so many decades to get around to joining but anyway here I am.
I started out getting on for 50 years ago with an Olympus OM-10, standard lens and a Hoya 100-300.
The bug grew and I went to an OM2SP and added, at various times, a Sigma 50-200 APO, Vivitar 19, Vivitar S1 28-105, Tamron SP 90 and various others that the fog of distant memory refuses to reveal.
After most of it was stolen when I lent it to a colleague in Spain it was on to a Canon T90 that I still have somewhere, standard lens, a new adaptall mount for the SP90, Kiron 70-210 with zoomlock and a Sigma 400 APO then a Canon EOS650 with the usual suspects lens wise but this outfit was my first experience of somewhat rubbish photographic equipment, unreliable being the main complaint.
A period of stagnation followed with some compacts and bridge cameras and then finally, or so I thought, an Olympus E-500 with 18-180 which I loved despite the compromises of an all in one lens.
For one reason or another the habit sort of died for over 10 years until the itch resurfaced recently and, thanks to some rather nice prices at Cex I now have 2 E-510s, the 12-60 SWD (which is utterly fabulous) and the early 40-150 3.5-4.5.
I did pick up a Manfrotto tripod at the same time, a compact something or other but, being frank, it's useless at keeping the camera steady and the legs are as shaky as my aging limbs so I'm on the look out for something wieldy, strong and inexpensive (ha!).
There, that's pretty much my life story, I'm not the best at chat but intend to pop in from time to time to chew the cud as it were.

Hi Andy and welcome to TP

Better late than never ;)

Enjoy yourself as you look around and just get involved as much as you see fit.

See you around the forum:)

Hi Andrew, welcome to the forum, enjoy ;)

Welcome to TP Andrew,

Hi Andrew, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy"

Back