Greyhound Racing

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
Taking pictures of greyhound racing was a first for me and I'm quite pleased with what I got, particularly as I never photograph sports. I had a good opportunity as I had a meeting at Crayford Stadium through work and thought I would take my kit along. All were taken at f2.8 ISO 400 (I think) and 1/500 on my 70-200. I only took photos of two races but I'd like to have experimented more with slower shutter speeds to sideways blur the background. Something for another time maybe. Anyway, C&C is appreciated.

20080328205031_shes%20some%20class%20at%20crayford-1-3.jpg

20080327001029_shes%20some%20class%20at%20crayford-1.jpg

20080326111634_pishiobury%20pingu%20v%20robins%20topaz-1.jpg

EDIT - excuse the tags on the pics, I've taken them straight off my website and as a matter of routine I put them on for copyright protection as well as advertising. I know some people don't like it.

I agree with Trev - #3 is the dog's...well you know what I mean!

#1 & #2 are good but #3 captures the speed and excitement perfectly!

Thanks for the comments and I agree the third stands out. Not sure what happened with the eyes on trap 5 though, he looks a bit posessed at the back. I suppose I just put the others up as they were sharp without too much distraction. I think a head on shot coming down the straight would work quite well but I couldn't get to a position that I could do it from. I think I'd need to slap on the 2x converter too.

Also quite like the third, its the image that shot into my head when I read the description, top shot!! :)

No 3 for me - or should that be a 3 & 1 forecast !
Excellent shots.
I've a mind to try a little greyhound snapping myself.
You've inspired me.

As from May, i am going to start looking for a greyhound :)

my post is obselete now.

Last edited:
Back