Grip advice please...

tjc

Edit My Images
No
Hi all... noob questions alert!

Lol...

I`ve been toying with the idea of getting a battery grip for the Nikon D60 and would just like some advice on the subject of grips.

What`s the advantage of having one over not having one type of thing...

The pros and cons if you will... :D

I`ve spotted this one http://www.warehouseexpress.com/product/default.aspx?sku=1020701

It seems like a reasonable deal from the small amount of looking I`ve done but the battery with it is a HL-EL9 and the one that came with the D60 is an EN-EL9. Will the HL-EL9 be ok to use with the D60?

I`d be very grateful for some advice and opinions.

Cheers.

tj. :)

I think it is more the case does the EN-EL9 work in the grip as once fitted both batteries will be in the grip. ring W.E. and ask.

As for advantages well usually a grip gives you an extra shutter button to make it easier in portrait mode.

This grip does NOT have one, so really is only useful for extended battery life.

I think it is more the case does the EN-EL9 work in the grip as once fitted both batteries will be in the grip. ring W.E. and ask.

As for advantages well usually a grip gives you an extra shutter button to make it easier in portrait mode.

This grip does NOT have one, so really is only useful for extended battery life.

Aha... I never knew about the extra shutter button bit and if this one doesn`t have it then I`ll prob look for one that does.

I really would like to get myself one though so if you have any recommendations please post them up.

Thanks for the reply PsiFox. :)

Your choice is between the Hahnel or one of the no-name Ebay ones. The Hanhel ones are okay, but the quality doesn't really justify the £70 price tag....

Use your left hand........(y)

Ooops ,sorry, got the wrong end of the stick.................:D

Back