grip options for d80?

Name
Anthony Gibson
Edit My Images
Yes
having just brought a nikon d80 in the near future i will be looking at battery grips and was wondering what you would recommend, the MB-D80 or the HN-D80 from Hannnel? is there much difference between them?

thanks
Gibbo.:thinking:

I purchased the MB-D80 off an ebay store from Hong Kong. It was a genuine Nikon grip for the D80 and around £70 iirc. Has worked a treat. Not sure which ebay store though as it was a while back.

Thanks, i dont tend to use e-bay as im too lazy to set up a paypal account.lol

do you get a battery with the MB-D80?
thanks for the link.

No, you need to buy an extra battery on top. Gets expensive eh!

lol yeah im selling my d40 entire kit and im gutted as i have 4 batteries for it and have never been bothered about running out of power and now im back down to one with the d80.lol

I have the MB-D80, so can't comment on the other. I much prefer using the battery grip now, however I have found that the Nikon battery lasts much longer than the non-genuine one (I have one of each).
Hope that helps.
Bill

Got mine from here, genuine Nikon, can't remember the price but was a lot cheaper than my local Jessops branch, give them a ring.

think i might have to go with the MB-D80
thanks
Gibbo

well i picked up a grip for my d80 today and i could only get the hannel one as jacobs didnt have the mb-d80 in, and if im honest ther look very similar, and it also feels good quality too but when i got it home and mounted it on the camera i found that the front (aperture) dial does not work at all, the shutter speed dial at the back works fine as does the shutter button, anyone no how to sort this or would you just take it back and get a refund?
Thanks
Gibbo.

Well I got the MB-D80 for the new D90 I`ve just bought and it won`t work atall!!!

Seems others have come across this problem too though... Here

So... not really sure what to do. Has anyone on here heard of this problem? Bummer...

Gonna have to send this one back and hope I get one that works...

I think I`ll write/email Nikon and let them know (I`m sure loads of people have already) that this problem exists. Poor on their behalf I`d say, they should have come across this issue and corrected it...

:bang:

gutted.
anyone else shed any light on this??

Back