"Gromit Unleashed" - Bristol 28th June 2013

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
Today saw the launch of 'Gromit Unleashed' in Bristol - a charity event to raise money for the Bristol Children's Hospital ( WEBSITE ).
The event will see dozens of Gromit models positioned around the City of Bristol and one in London.

Todays event saw Nick Park of Aardman Animations bring around 15 of the models into the Harbourside by steam train and stop outside of the M-Shed.
One of the Gromit models, 'Strawberry Gromit', was then hoisted up by one of the old cranes and placed onto one of the Bristol Ferryboats - welcomed by Nick Park.

Quite an event and some images follow - all images from the event can be found on my website HERE.

All C&C welcome :)

#1 Wallace & Gromit Arrive at the Harbourside

Wallace & Gromit by photogramps, on Flickr

#2 Nick Park Brings Them in By Train

Nick Park by photogramps, on Flickr

#3 Gromits on The Low-Loader

The 'Gromits' by photogramps, on Flickr

#4 'Buzz Lightyear' Gromit

The 'Buzz Lightyear' Gromit by photogramps, on Flickr

#5 Nick Park Watches Anxiously

Nick Park Looks On by photogramps, on Flickr

#6 'Strawberry Gromit' Takes the Ferry

Gromit Takes The Ferry by photogramps, on Flickr

Last edited:
great photojournalism there G

wish i could have been at it...may be in bristol next saturday

cheers
geof

They should be all over Bristol by then Geof, why not look out for some :)

I saw a brief glance of these on line, didn't realise that they were so big. Good record shots. Love the third. :)

They should be all over Bristol by then Geof, why not look out for some :)

will do...thanks for the info

have you photographed cary grant?

:love:

cheers
geof

I saw a brief glance of these on line, didn't realise that they were so big. Good record shots. Love the third. :)

Thanks Linda, yes they are quite big :)

will do...thanks for the info

have you photographed cary grant?

:love:

cheers
geof

Yes in Millenium Square Geof, Cary Grant, William Penn and William Tyndale ... sadly some mindless idiot has vandalised his statue :(

The auction for the Gromit figures this evening raised £2,357,000 for the Bristol Children's Hospital.
:clap:

The auction for the Gromit figures this evening raised £2,357,000 for the Bristol Children's Hospital.

Thats Excellent :clap:

Fantastic; great culmination of a really original 'event'!
My wife and son spent the day going round Bristol seeing/photographing them (the majority anyway!) a couple of months back. She said it was a superb way of discovering the city.

Back