Grrrrrrr....Bl***y Tesco's

Name
Carole
Edit My Images
Yes
Thought I'd be clever and get my major, non-perishable shopping done on line with Tescos. Spent a flamin' fortune and what happened....the so and so's didn't turn up tonight. Got on the phone and was told my store had had a server problem and all orders for today had been cancelled. :razz: :bang:

Why the hell does a server failure cancel my order? Surely they must have backups/resillience or whatever? I bet it didn't stop the tills instore from working..................I'm so angry! :razz: :razz: :razz: I've now got to trapse around the shops fighting with a million other poor souls. Hope to blazes Ocado don't cock up with my perishables order for next week!

That should be their problem, not yours - bit of a pathetic excuse, even more so because you were only notified when you contacted them, they should have contacted you :bang:

Badluck with tescos, good luck in the battle ahead ;)

(y)

Sorry to hear about your probs with Tesco.

I do my shopping online with them and I have never had that sort of trouble, in fact they are usually ringing me to say they are running ahead of schedule and can they deliver it a little early.

The one problem I do have with them is their choice of substitute items when something is out of stock.
I ordered a Large Ginsters Pasty and it was a BOGOF at £1.34.
They sent a 4 pack of smaller ones for £2.23. :thinking:

There has been times though when I have had extras in the bags which I didn't order, or pay for. :)

Sorry but Tescos is the spawn of the devil as far as I am concerned and will have none of my pounds this Christmas. Spend your money in a locally owned store where the owner invariably knows you and cares enough to make sure you are a satisfied customer. :)

Or there's always Asda :eek:

:D

Go round tesco with the biggest trolley you can find. Pile it up with stuff (doesn't matter what - read on) until overflowing. Get to the checkouts, let her till it all up (don't bag anything though), then when they ask you for £215.62, say "oh, I've had a server problem. Today's order is cancelled".

See how they like it.

Go round tesco with the biggest trolley you can find. Pile it up with stuff (doesn't matter what - read on) until overflowing. Get to the checkouts, let her till it all up (don't bag anything though), then when they ask you for £215.62, say "oh, I've had a server problem. Today's order is cancelled".

See how they like it.

Make sure all the stuff came out of the freezers too and walk around with it for a couple of hours so it has started to defrost. (y)

Sorry but Tescos is the spawn of the devil as far as I am concerned and will have none of my pounds this Christmas. Spend your money in a locally owned store where the owner invariably knows you and cares enough to make sure you are a satisfied customer. :)

Or there's always Asda :eek:

damn straight, tesco is the worst place ever to shop, i would rather go to sainsburys and be faced with Jamie Olivers oversized tongue than go to tesco. Dont know what half the stuff they sell in sainsbury is anyway..

i like asda, but my wife worked there for years and now refuses to go in since leaving!

i would rather go to sainsburys and be faced with Jamie Olivers oversized tongue
Didn't your psychiatrist tell you to keep your fetishes to yourself? ;)

I've only tried online supermarket shopping once - that was with Asda - and it left me mentally scarred :LOL: Half the stuff I ordered didn't turn up, I was charged for stuff that didn't arrive, and the substitute items they sent were rubbish. I usually shop at Tesco (it's just easier as it's only across the road). As it's open 24 hours, I find that any time after 9pm (or before 8am) is fairly quiet... and the clubcard vouchers are great :D

Thanks for your all your comments. I've calmed down a bit now :LOL: I fired off an e-mail to the chairman, which made me feel better, then I got back on the phone and they have now promised my shopping for tomorrow, so it will be interesting to see if (a) it arrives & (b) if the order is correct.

Just hope all my other (non-food) online shopping arrives next week. :eek:

Whilst attending my own little food empire today the sister of my first ever girlfriend came in with her mum. She told me she works for Tescos and is of the opinion that they are the best ever company that she has worked for (and one of her previous employers was the Scottish Executive :eek:).

Doomed we are..... dooomed!...............

Back