Guard Duty.

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
Hedge Sparrow (Dunnock).

Love the light and the bokeh with this one.

OY8N6604-02.jpg

Now that's a bird shot I can really like. Loads of personality and the use of space is lovely.

I don't even mind it being slighty focused in front of the feathered little fella. ;)

Thank you kindly. We'll convert you yet! ;)

Hmm... I'm not sure I've optimally sharpened actually, but considering I'm always going on about that I suppose it serves me right.

Well I've been converted to far less likely things before now so I'd never say never.

Tell you what, send over that lens of yours and the tripod head and I'll give it a go. :LOL:

That background is perfect! Lovely composition too. I'd try to avoid sharpening the concrete and leaves quite so much compared to the bird though if possible, it looks a little harsh to me :shrug:

PS shouldn't it also be 800px? Or have I missed something :thinking:

Yeah - I really need to go back to the original file. (y)

You're still doing it then CT - producing irritatingly wonderful bird shots!! Nice to see something so different from the stereotypical close cropped shot too. (y)

PS shouldn't it also be 800px? Or have I missed something

The new forum size limit is 1024 pixels on the longest side and 200kb physical file size for hot linked images. Those limits apply to Gallery here now as well. You must have missed Bod's (Marcel's) post.

We're far too good to you lot. ;)

The new forum size limit is 1024 pixels on the longest side and 200kb physical file size for hot linked images. Those limits apply to Gallery here now as well. You must have missed Bod's (Marcel's) post.

We're far too good to you lot. ;)

Thought I must have done. Can't see a mod getting it wrong :p

You're still doing it then CT - producing irritatingly wonderful bird shots!! Nice to see something so different from the stereotypical close cropped shot too. (y)

Why thank you ma'am. I'm not doing it as often as I'd like though. It does show you don't always have to fill the frame, but unfortunately backgrounds aren't always as obliging as this one.

Dont think its possible for a Sparrow to look any more commanding and refined than this one does here.

The bg is to die for... very painterly ... ah! now I get it ... the bird is stuffed & the bg is a nice muslin job :p

Nice work CT (y)

(y) really like this one mate .
very nice..

but im in a picky mood :naughty:

not sure if you have noticed but there is a couple of leafs at the bottom which keep drawing my attension..
i know you dont contol all the outside light :D

but as i said i reallydo like the pose and bg

just my opinion..:shrug:

md(y)

LOL. Not much I could really do about it mate except clone 'em out and that's more manipulation than I think is acceptable. I'll get you though next time you post. :LOL:

(y)

:notworthy::notworthy:

:exit:

md(y)(y)

Agree nice shot Cedric, I really like the bokeh in this shot :D

that is a superb picture
composition, exposure all spot on
and the background - perfect!

Back