Half an hour with 50mm.

S

stepheno

Just had half an hour or so after dinner with the 50mm and some close-ups. Deliberately had it wide open to see the effects. Thanks for viewing

closeup-01.jpg

closeup-02.jpg

closeup-03.jpg

closeup-04.jpg

regards

Thanks Joe, I just picked up anything to hand.

regards

I love my 50mm 1.4, you can just pick up the camera and use it in virtually any light, in fact I just did for the 'Faith' theme.

CT - other than USM and .4 of a stop is it the quality of the glass which makes it so much more expensive?

regards

It's just that big max apertures have always been expensive. The bigger the aperture, the more precise the lens design and grinding and polishing has to be. Canon used to make an f1 lens, and I heard a rumour they may be going to produce an AF 'L' version. If they do I shudder to think how much it would be. :shock:

Image quality isn't that great at f1 but what people forget is that the lens is also the viewfinder with an SLR, so for reportage types and people who have to operate in low light, such lenses are a boon even if they stop down slightly when taking the shot.

I love my 350D but how I miss the prime lens of my old A1 - your images just reminded me of how much I used the extra aperture in natural light.

Fangman said:
I love my 350D but how I miss the prime lens of my old A1 - your images just reminded me of how much I used the extra aperture in natural light.
You can pick up a Mark II 50mm for about £70 new :thumb:

regards

Back