Half price Hama tripods in Currys

which one is it? is it a special offer?

yeah can you post a link of it please, it would just help. But i would just buy it, a tripod makes a hell of alot of difference taking photos, and a cheap one is better than nothing :)

yeah sorry for being a bit vague, it was in store and they had 3 - one half price from £30 to £15, another £60 to £30 and another £40 to £20

i didn't get all the model names but one was Star63

i bought myself a jessops TP323 last year,and after going out on a shoot with a mate,decided that i needed something better so got myself a manfrotto 190XPROB with an 804RC2.what i would say is if you can afford it,get a decent tripod that will last you forever,rather than buy cheap and replace it every few months etc...but as been said,a cheap one is better than no tripod.

there is nothing on the website so it may be a local offer.

The Star700 is £14.99 in PCWorld, the star61 = £59.99 neither are on offer there.

all the curry's ones are half price only when bought with a new DSLR :(

The Star700 is £14.99 in PCWorld, the star61 = £59.99 neither are on offer there.

Currys & PC World are all one company (DSGi)

Well not all one company, but all under one group...

Steve

Cheap tripods sound great, until the slightest breeze causes your pride and joy to go crashing to the ground! I have two or three lying about that have ended up relegated to the role of lightstand because they won't hold anything heavier than a wee point and shoot.

Do yourself (and your camera) a favour, save up for something decent. Honestly, you won't regret it ;)

The Star 61 is currently £19.99 in Argos ;)

Picked one up during the week for my new D40!

Yeah that's the one ;)

It doesn't say it's a Hama in the catalogue, but when I got mine home and opened it up it's got Hama on the bag and tripod :D

I too have that Star 61 tripod (bought at full price but oh well...) its a good tripod. Nice and sturdy and the carrying bag is a huge bonus. Well worth £20 IMO.

Back