Halloween - American style

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
Yes
The Americans, as usual, really go to town with their celebrations and Halloween is celebrated extensively. Not just for the one night, but for the entire month of October. These are some of the more elaborate adornments.

The point of note about these houses here is their location. Ocean Avenue, Amityville, Long Island, New York. Just a few yards from the actual Amityville Horror house itself, which can be seen in this thread

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=2015189#post2015189

It was odd yet not at all surprising to see these houses and others nearby elaborately decorated, yet one of the most famous haunted houses in history across the road and next door untouched.

p126616035.jpg

p262115464.jpg

p83572818.jpg

p995649817.jpg

p134087531.jpg

Looks like the Addams family.

i love it across in the states as said above they celebrate it in style

we was there a few years ago and the local mall in florida was packed full of children and all the big names stores were handy candy out to the kids and me lol

love the gardens

A Great looking house love it at night

Kirk

Thats pretty sweet...

My mates neighbour across the road had a sign up saying "Gone out killing"

Nice pictures but a few of the houses near me have beaten that a few times. A cobweb that near covered the house and huge figures - not all the Uk have given up on halloween.

Yeah, saw those houses this morning on a walk in that area. Definitely OTT. I'll get a shot of a house across the street from me at Christmas time - the owner must pay a fortune to inflate the 50 or so, "Garden Ornaments" he puts up each year.

Back