Beginner Harbour Lights

Name
Roy
Edit My Images
Yes
Trying to upload photo by using new system.
If it works, it is a much easier method.

Photo taken on a rare evening out after dark and edited in Lightroom.View attachment 1828

I looked at it on Flickr and its blurred but there is no Exif data.

Do you use a tripod?

Not seen you posting for a while Roy so good to see you again (y) as Alf has pointed out there is some blurring there, did you have your centre column extended on your tripod? I'd say it was that or the head wasn't completely tightened as there is a clear but quite smooth moment in the camera along the vertical axis...also there appears to be quite a bit of highlight recovery, personally I'd rather the highlights were left blown than try to recover them to the point that they become blocked like your seeing then the centre of some of the bright lights...it is always well almost always preferable to be out in the blue hour this is that period after sunset when there is still some colour in the sky (y)

Matt

Thank you Alf and Matt for looking and for your comments.
I had not noticed the slight blur as I was more into the editing with Lightroom which I have gone overboard with.
I rested the camera on a pick-nick table, not very well it seems, I should have taken more time over the shot.
Note - Roy must try harder.
The main reason for posting was to see if I could do so with the new system, which seems much easier ( thank you admin. )
Roy.

Well Roy I suggest you go back and try again with a tripod or beanbag etc it has potential.
The self timer is key if you have nothing else.

Edit
THIS was taken without a tripod with the camera just placed on a wall using the self timer.

Last edited:
That is very nice Alf.
I will try again when the conditions are right.

Back