Harbour Sunrise

Ian D J

Michael Fish
Name
Ian D J
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken the other morning on the way to work. I used a humble Fuji A900 and no colour enhancement had been carried out on this picture.

Location: Folkestone inner harbour. Time: Ungodly time of the morning. :eek:

HarbourMay083.jpg

It would be nice to see more of the reflection along the bottom of the photo but there was an old boat just underneath so I decided to crop that out, thus sacrificing that bottom half. A pity really but I love the photo for it's simple bi-colour scheme.

Last edited:
Interesting mix of bustle and calm, its almost as if those boats are waiting at the starting gates ready for the off.

I like the colour and composition.

Nice one!

I can feel the stillness of the morning in this shot. I love the ripples in the water and the colours are lovely. Nice composition. Great capture (y)

Ian there's only one thing wrong with the picture........the boats are still on the moorings, they should be out fishing ;) which reminds me i need to get mine back on it moorings after the winter lye up.

A Lovely scene combining two of my passions photography and boating.

Thank you so much for taking a peek at this picture and leaving all those kind comments.
Dogfish, some commercial fishing still takes place here at Folkestone but it's nowhere to the same scale of the good old days. I expect it's the same story with most local harbour areas these days. However, whelks, cockles and the like are all still caught and sold locally.
I have to be honest and say I don't make a very good sailor, heck, I get seasick on a canal rowing boat! A pity really, what with me living next to a harbour.

Back