Hard to Shoot

G

Gary Fife

This little toddler was a real pain to photograph, really he just would not sit or stand still for a moment. Was really taxing and I don't envy the full time guys who have to go through this daily.:bonk:

Still you gotta love them, some photo's of him.

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

This was using a white seamless paper background and still getting used to the studio lights, followed a few online tips from here to get the set right, still to over exposed, which made more PP work for me.

Hoping for tips or any help, thanks.

try giving him a toy or ball something, lower the power alittle perhaps

how many light you running 2 ? tall one to your left ,lower one to your right?
try moving them slightly to left or right see what that does

Last edited:
You've done well to keep him on the paper :)

2 lights on the background or 1? As it looks really good.
3rd pic is a touch soft - to my eyes, but only a touch.

He's a serious looking wee chap, so yes a toy or something to lighten his mood may have helped.

You mention the exposure, care to post an original shot?

08.jpg

Heres a unedited photo and as you can see I only have one backlight just now and its very uneven so I have to do some PP there.

The backlight to the left was lighting up the background and used a white umbrella to difuse it a bit. The key light on the wee chap was a sofbox.

Backlight was on low power but I think you are right I need to move it back a bit, and get another light soon lol.

The thing that worries me about toys is getting it in the shot, but a good and simple idea, may need to get some props.

The thing that worries me about toys is getting it in the shot, but a good and simple idea, may need to get some props.

Often the ones with the toys in are the pics parents buy, so I wouldn't worry. (and it doesn't matter if its one of my toys or the kids)

Thanks for posting the original, the background doesn't look too bad at all for 1 light. I really must try paper again (I've been using cloth)

Back