Hawck Conservancy.

Name
Ryan
Edit My Images
Yes
OK, I've tried these in Zoo's as the birds were captive but not getting much response, I usually regard thebrids sections as a harder audience but would sinceerely like some crit as how to improve so moving the photo's here...

What do you guys see right and wrong with these photo's technically and compositionally that I can improve on, be as harsh as you like (or complimentary as you like) as it really is the only way to improve which is what I am after!!!!!

I've started to process some photo's from today but the light was shocking, the inflight shots were bumped up to ISO6400 and shutter speeds upto 1250 to try get some colour in so will take a tad more work so a few simple ones to start....

1. Troy the Tawny Owl
troy.jpg

Troy is a real character with his own following over on Facebook, a handsome little fellow indeed that I hope have done justice with the crop.

2. Not sure on this one?
IMG_3500.jpg

I love the Snow Owls but they're a bugger to capture, not sure on this one with the background but for some reason keep getting drawn back to it.

3. Vulture, incoming...
vulture.jpg

OK, not by any means a good composition but gives a good idea how close they get, I tried a couple of times to get them coming straight at but they kept flying to close to focus lol, sorry for the gents head in shot lol.

4. Burrowing Owl
IMG_3545.jpg

These guys are just too cute and weigh nothing on your hand, this little chappie has a habbit of jumping onto peoples heads rather than their hands!

#1 looks as though it could use a touch of brightening, #2 the background just kills this unfortunately, #3 use a wider lens perhaps :) #4 a little dull as well. But nice shots none the less, what lens were you using.

looks lke you had a good day and had the park fairly to yourself.

Thanks for sharing.
Troy for me like the shot

Back