Yes
A few from my trip up to Haweswater

Haweswater-1.jpg

Haweswater-2.jpg

Haweswater-3.jpg

C&C very welcome.

Beautiful, very nice indeed
2 & 3 best of the set (y)

These are beautiful, you have totally captured the essence and colours of the lake district.

Nice shots, wet feet??

Well, it must be said, I dont think I can find fault with any of them. technically spot on, and each interesting in their own way. Good stuff!

No comments from me either really like them...

But number 2 has the edge for me.. I like the way the stream draws you in to the centre of the image and the lone tree.. a then continues further in to the image..

Nigel

2nd is also the best shot for me. It's a shame the cloud cover wasn't better, rather then overcast, but I'm sure that added to the soft lighting of the scene.

cracking set of shots !

Ben, you've outdone yourself with this set mate..

2&3 for me... I now have another area to visit next time im up...(y)

No HDR, shot in RAW and adjusted in Lightroom and PS.

I'm amazed. I would love to know how you give them that bright, open look - and how you managed to expose both sky and pool beautifully in #3.

Like 3 the best, has a mood to it that the others dont. 1 & 2 are amazing dont get me wrong, colour is so strong and the water is perfect, but 3 gets the (y)

Appreciate all the comments everyone :ty:

2&3 for me... I now have another area to visit next time im up...(y)

Tony, I'll certainly be returning there, I could of stayed for another 5 hours. Too many possibilities for photos to capture in one day and it's not far from the M6 :)

I'm amazed. I would love to know how you give them that bright, open look - and how you managed to expose both sky and pool beautifully in #3.

Erm not sure what to say. No 3 was taken with a 2 stop graduated ND, a 3 stop ND filter and a CP polariser to get a long enough shutter speed to blur the water. I think it took me two shots to get an exposure I was happy with that didn't have any burnt highlights. I also used PS to darken the sky slightly and return some detail into the clouds. Hope that helps?

Agree with everyone else, cracking shots all three of em :clap:

Erm not sure what to say. No 3 was taken with a 2 stop graduated ND, a 3 stop ND filter and a CP polariser to get a long enough shutter speed to blur the water. I think it took me two shots to get an exposure I was happy with that didn't have any burnt highlights. I also used PS to darken the sky slightly and return some detail into the clouds. Hope that helps?

Sorry if im being stupid, does that mean you stacked all three filters together to take the shot
:amstupid:

Lovely images ... (y) ...

... super location ... :D ...

... what no Geagle ... :cautious: ...

Coinkydinkerly this place was on TV tonight as a repeat of one of Wainwrights Walks ... :D ... and you've done it proud ... ;)

:p

Stunning!

Really nice shots, I especially like No.3

Thanks for all the comments

Sorry if im being stupid, does that mean you stacked all three filters together to take the shot
:amstupid:

Yes I did.

Lovely images ... (y) ...

... super location ... :D ...

... what no Geagle ... :cautious: ...

Coinkydinkerly this place was on TV tonight as a repeat of one of Wainwrights Walks ... :D ... and you've done it proud ... ;)

:p

No Eagle this time, it's nests somewhere on the hill in the second shot. The longest lens I had with me was 50mm and I didn't fancy getting mauled by an irate eagle for the sake of a photo :)

I missed that episode of Wainwrights walks, my wife saw it and told me one of our friends was on :bonk:

I like 1 but there all belters, I'm off up to do high street in a few days, the pessimist in me forecasts heavy rain

Hope you get the weather for it, I bet it gets wild up there. Make sure you post some shots.

Back