Hawk Moth caterpillar

really good take...flash obviously...you can do some gardening if you feel there are things in the way..the pink vegetation etc

Thanks Geoff, never gave much thought to composition etc on this one ,i was just amazed by the size of it ! it was moving and i had to remove the tubes on my lens to get it in frame. It disappeared down a gap in the wall seconds after i took this :)

Thanks Geoff, never gave much thought to composition etc on this one ,i was just amazed by the size of it ! it was moving and i had to remove the tubes on my lens to get it in frame. It disappeared down a gap in the wall seconds after i took this :)

its great you got it so fast...good work...i forget not all insects etc are static

:clap:great capture personally I think the vegitation adds to the photo the colours compelement
incidentally how long was it?

Last edited:
Nice capture ... even though it is big for a caterpillar tricky to see.

btw...

This is a shot of one of those caterpillaries all "metamorphosised" that I sooked while cutting the grass earlier this year.

Hawk Moth by RJ Fletcher, on Flickr

Nice one John(y) Only seen one this year and no camera either:( Fascinating critters Hawk moths.

Back