Hawker Sea Hurricane

grumpybadger

Alan Rickman
Name
Paul Beastall
Edit My Images
Yes
Another set from my last trip to Shuttleworth. Their Hawker Sea Hurricane...

1. Face on

me9q1242.jpg

2. Prop

me9q1245.jpg

3. In flight - if you look closely, you can just see the aerial for the ship to plane radio running to the back of the plane

nr7v1079.jpg

4. Wingtops

me9q1322.jpg

5. Underside

me9q1336.jpg

6. Incoming!

nr7v1100.jpg

All with EOS 1D Mk II. 1 & 2 - EF 24-70mm f/2.8L, 3 & 6 - EF 500mm f/4L IS, 4 & 5 - EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS + 1.4x

Any C&C appreciated

Paul

Like the second one with the close up of the prop. I tried taking photos of the BBMF earlier this spring and found that my panning technique was lacking in skill........ something I have to get to grips with I think. :(

You can never get tired of seeing WW2 aircraft, nice series of shots mate. (y)

#2 and the final one for me! Lovely plane well captured! My dad used to work on these during the war and he loved them!

Gotta love'em Paul.:clap:
Dean:)

Big fan of the Hurricane so thanks for the comments guys. I'll be getting some of the WW1 and between the wars stuff processed over the next couple of days too. Really like some of the older stuff - the Sopwith Pup gave a great show.

I am quite pleased with number 2. Took some care to get it positioned right (this is uncropped) but I am pleased with the outcome. I missed a couple of the BBMF last time by having propellers that appeared static. Used Tv mode this time and got much better results.

Nice collection of shots!

Ahh, the sounds of a Merlin (or a Griffon). Went to the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight anniversary at Duxford earlier this year. Fly-by with 11 Merlins/Griffons (1 Lanc and 7 fighters). It was pure poetry.

We were due to go back to Shuttleworth last night but the rain put that plan to one side. Shame really.

Back